I Have A Lot To Be Thankful and Grateful For

I Have A Lot To Be Thankful and Grateful For

A Story by Regina Ann T
"

This is about myself. It's truthful and, at times, blunt.

"
   I don't really like the word "survivor". Why do you ask? For starter's, it sounds like we are very weak. Second, it seems like "survivor" is thrown around a lot lately. I like to say that I have lived through some bad times and have come out much stronger. So, I like to say that I am stronger than I used to be. Like being in a Domestic Violence relationship. Yes, I have been in one. My ex-boyfriend turned it into a Domestic Violence situation. I will not give out his last name but his first name was Jeff. Let me tell you about this chapter of my life.
   After 7 years of seriously dating one another, I never thought it would ever happen to me. While we were dating I also ended up with two broken bones: my left femur and my lower right arm by the wrist. Jeff didn't break either bone although if he wasn't working for a friend who owned a carnival, I never would have had my femur bone broke. Because it happened at the carnival one night when they were tearing it down. Somebody (ok a stupid somebody) put the wrong nut and bolt into the wrong hole. This was on a kid's ride, and I bet you can figure out what happened next. Yep, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time:  half of the kiddy ride fell on me from the hip down. 
   Now I didn't know that my left femur bone was broken. Oh no. Didn't know that until I was rolled onto my back. You see, I landed on my right side. I was running as fast as I could, and I still could not outrun that kid's ride. It was too big and, unfortunately moving too fast. Way too fast. I ended up with a clean break of the left femur bone. You want to talk about PAIN! Let's talk about that pain I felt. That is the ABSOLUTE worst pain I have ever felt in my young life! It was an EXCRUCIATING pain, to say the least. Although the ride to the hospital was the second worst pain I have felt. I sweat the Chicago ambulance driver took the bumpiest roads to get to the hospital! Come on guys, I was in so much pain already then you had to go and do that.
   The Surgeon put a 15-inch steel rod down the middle of the two femur bones so they would grow back together. Oh, what fun I had over the winter with that inside of me. The surgeon decided to leave that 15-inch thing inside for 9 LONG months. So now guess what I can do? Thanks to the steel rod I can predict the weather a little. My left femur (as well as my tailbone) does not like rain, cold air, or the winter season. Although living here in South Carolina, the winters are a lot nicer, more mild, than up in northern Indiana.
   I like to say I have lived through a lot of painful and hurtful times in my life. And I have come out so much stronger because of them.

© 2018 Regina Ann T


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on August 5, 2018
Last Updated on August 5, 2018

Author

Regina Ann T
Regina Ann T

Woodruff, SC



About
I live in the Upstate of South Carolina. I am married to an amazing man, and we have to dogs that I like to call our fury daughters. I am also a self-taught Photographer of 28 years. Besides writing,.. more..

Writing