What is it?

What is it?

A Chapter by Mandy
"

You'll never know anything if you keep thinking in circles.

"

Thick smoked filled the truck entirely. It was almost too thick to see through. The radio was close to full blast, playing "Careless Whisper". The three stoners lost themselves in the music, swaying and dancing and drumming on eachother. They weren't in motion, rather they were parked in the parking lot at Maci's apartment complex. It's a wonder how no one's complained by now- you could hear their music from inside any of the apartments. They're been out there for nearly an hour. Mid-solo, the three of them heard a loud crash from behind the truck. Three sets of bloodshot eyes turned to stare at the source of the noise. One of Maci's elderly nabors had dropped his entire trash bag, cans and slop scattered everywhere. Maci turned down the volume and got out of the truck. She walked over the the old man and smiled. "'Seeya dropped some trash...'need some help?" The old man strained his eyes at her and wheezed. "Eyy, I seem to have dropped my trash bag, what a bother, what a bother." Maci spoke louder. "Would you like some help..cleaning it up?" The man, obviously completely oblivious, stared off into the sky. "I think I need a new bag. Now this bag is broke and I've made a mess." His voice sounded tired and scratchy. "Ehh, what am I to do?" He began to look around anxiously. It was apparent to Maci that this man was a tad cenile. She figured it would be a good idea to call someone, considering he didn't seem fit to live on his own anymore. "I'll be right back, stay right here near my truck." Maci pointed to her truck as she instructed the old man. When she opened the door to get back in the truck, her two friends, John and Tara, were in the middle of a full blown makeout session. Maci smiled back and fourth between the both of them when they slowly pulled away from eachother to look at her. "Alright, alright, do ya thing.." Maci grabbed her phone off the dash. "I'm not tryin' to interupt, I'll just be leaveing.." Her voice was playful. Shy and insecure Tara turned deep red, while John just grinned in satisfaction. Maci just laughed and slammed the truck door, returning to the old man. He still looked just as confused as when she left, only now, he was making distrought noises. "Eeeyuh, eeeyuh, eeeyuh." He was looking around frantically. "Eeeyuh, I dropped my bag, what will happen? What will happen?" Maci diled 411 information. "Cordon, Florida...buisness...Arial Bay Nursing Home." She spoke clearly to the automated voice machine. After receiving the number, she dialed and placed the call, keeping a close eye on the old man. Her thoughts turned to John and Tara as the phone rang. Four rings in, someone picked up. "Arial Bay Nursing Home, this is Cheyenne speaking." The voice was soft and sweet. "Uhm, yes, hi, uh..I was just in my car with my friends when I saw an elderly nabor of mine drop his trash bag, and after going over to try to help him, I'm under the impression that he shouldn't be living on his own. Uhh, I've seen him around before, but I never realized, and I just thought I should call and tell someone.." "Okay, sweetie, what is his behavior like?" "Uhmm, he's just very oblivious, and not really responding to me. He's going on about his trash bag breaking and he looks very frightened.." "And what's the adress where this man is, dear?" "1354 Parot Creek, we're in Cordon." "Thank you very much for calling, we'll send out a specialist for evaluation." "No problem, I couldn't just leave him. Good bye." Maci hung up the phone and sat on the edge of the truck, reaching in her purse for a cigarette. She was prepared to babysit this man until the specialist arived. She lit her cigarette, and her thoughts turned back to John and Tara. What were they doing right now? How the hell did that end up happening? What does this mean for the two of them?



© 2009 Mandy


Author's Note

Mandy
Feedback- honesty pleasee! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great story you have some talent there
the beginning is a bit choppy i m trying to figure out whats going on .. seems like little flashes of description of the scene. maybe try to set the scene a bit more clear? other than that this was really awesome : ) great job ok !

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on September 27, 2009


Author

Mandy
Mandy

New Port Richey, FL



About
Comming soon. Comming up- *Split* & *My brain did that?* more..

Writing
Before and After Before and After

A Story by Mandy


Saved Saved

A Poem by Mandy