"#Resist"

"#Resist"

A Poem by The Mindful Witch
"

A poem about the current political climate and a personal opinion on the #resist/resistance movement.

"

Each day the divisions do grow, we all bear witness to what we reap we do sow. 


With little understanding of the other side, we let politicians take society for a ride. 


With stakes high and divisions deep, each night we find that it invades our sleep.


As a chorus our tribe does sing, my side is just, and true, and the righteous wing. 


Using the metaphors of the left and the right, we create separation and constantly fight.


"The Resistance" is to more than the man, it's also to hatred and ignorance and how globally we stand.


Leaders should lead and not step in their mess, progress moves forward that's how we become best.


People of color and nation and creed, all belong with us and from that we should not recede. 


Honoring borders and laws of the land, are understandable without hatred in hand.


Missing the point is often what we do, skimming the surface and claiming "fake news".


To act without question to those in command, is to give away power and hide your head in the sand.


Politicians keep ignoring the majorities plight, just like villains hiding by cover of night.


Policies and judgments harm minds, bodies, and land.We are the human race and united we should stand.


As long as the darkness of heart and mind persists, fighting the shadows will be why we #Resist.

© 2018 The Mindful Witch


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on January 30, 2018
Last Updated on January 30, 2018
Tags: politics, resist, the resistance, resistance, progressive, liberal, love, hate, peace