Running

Running

A by Rena
"

for a contest at school

"

As I ran, I never looked back. I didn’t want to know what was behind me. All I knew was that I was running for my life with someone chasing me. My years of cross country finally paid off. I have been running for since fifth grade and it is my passion. I can average bout a 6 min. mile for about 10 miles. I have been running for about 5 miles now and I can last a few more. I didn’t know where I was, just that I needed to find a way out.

 

     It all started at the mall. It was a normal Saturday, shopping with my friends. We were walking out of Macy’s when two guys ran by. Close behind them were two security guards.I saw that I could beat them to the guys, so I kicked off my shoes, dropped my bags, and ran. I easily breezed by security and soon caught up with the two guys. I dove and tackled the first, faster guy bringing the the second down with us, beginning to throw punches. I had learned how to fight from my first boyfriend. I was fighting both of them at the same time, with me winning. By the time security caught up with me, I had knocked one out and was wrestling with the other one. They handcuffed the first one, and helped me with the other guy. All of a sudden another guy ran up to us with a gun. I started to put my hands up, but thought I should do something. So I knocked the gun out of his hand and ran. As far as I know, he grabbed his gun and ran after me.

 

         That is how I ended up running. I could feel myself slowing down and the guy, sensing my weakness, sped up. I heard a momentary falter in his steps and felt a weight coming down on my back. I landed on something soft, but I don’t know what it was. The guy rolled me over and stared my deep in the eyes. I stared back trying to realize who it was. I was deep in my thoughts before I realized that he was half an inch form my face. Before I had time to think, he began to kiss my very tenderly. Then I remembered…

 

        

         I woke up with a smile on my face remembering who the guy was.

© 2009 Rena


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

cool story, and very enjoyable to read. i liked the description as well, it gave me a clearer image. well done! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Hi
Nicely written and i enjoy reviewing your work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very nicely written.
The ending was very good too.
I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


used to....

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. This is awesome. I like the twist ending. You run?

Posted 14 Years Ago


the short story contest for the calliope thing

Posted 14 Years Ago


what contest?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2009
Last Updated on November 16, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Rena
Rena

hmispem, senetense



About
Well..... lets see.... I am a teenager. I kinda like to write. One of my friends got me to join (thanks StoryTailor!!). I have a boyfriend who doesn't go to my school unfortunately. I play violin.. more..

Writing
Eudoras Eudoras

A Story by Rena


My Last Breath My Last Breath

A Story by Rena


invisible invisible

A Story by Rena



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Letter The Letter

A Story by Manda