A ferry ride

A ferry ride

A Story by RenatoRojo

Today I saw a women get shot on a ferry to England. The weather was stormy and no one had heard the shot due to the thunder. We were alone on the deck of the ship. He then pointed the gun at me. I was surprisingly calm, I felt no urge to fight or flight. I just continued to smoke my wet cigarette as his hands trembled while he held the gun at me. I could see the mad glow in his eyes, he was no killer just a man driven by a momentary passion to commit an act that he would forever regret. I could see that he was unnerved by my calm demeanor as he held the gun at me, his finger trembling wondering what sort of creature I was that beheld the prospect of death so calmly. I did not see my life flash before my eyes but rather just a woman. A woman I had never really thought of before. I was befuddled by this for at that moment that was all I could think about. The ferry ceased to exist, the gun was no longer there in my eyes. I only saw her face, remembered her laughter, thought of what she was doing at the moment.

I smiled and the man suddenly became even more unnerved. He looked at the body that lay on the floor and started to question his act. His eyes became filled with tears and he put his face to his sleeve. I took another puff of my cigarette, and pulled out my phone. I wrote her a text which said, “looks like cigarettes are gonna kill me after all, I wish we had more time.” I heard another shot, looked up and the man lay dead next to her. Then the phone rang.

© 2013 RenatoRojo


Author's Note

RenatoRojo
"Do what thou wilt."

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013

Author

RenatoRojo
RenatoRojo

miami, FL



About
Well I'm not an English major, I study law and economics and English is my second language. I have lived though in the states and in London and I enjoy English literature a lot. Also since I no longer.. more..

Writing
A Moment A Moment

A Story by RenatoRojo