From You

From You

A Story by RenMc
"

Each love story teaches you something "From You" is all about what they all did to one girl

"

From you I ran because I was drowning. I was drowning in the sorrow you were scared to let go of. I was drowning in the dependence you had to me. All of me wanted to be that girl that laughed loved and didn’t really care. The girl who would just go do things. Everything in me wanted to rub off on you to give you the carefree energy I had before you. Instead who you were seeped inside me and melted me. You kept trying to grasp me and reel me back in. Something in me realized that I couldn’t be dragged any further but at that point a lot of who I wanted to be. The person I was and loved be was now trapped in a glass case forever staring at me waiting to figure out how to crack it open. I had to swim through you to get one step closer but it seemed like it still just kept getting further and further away.


From you my mind ran wild. My future was bright I was everything I wanted to be and more. I was the girl who walked the line. Who wanted to try things that I was used to saying no to. I began to think about what I really valued and why I felt that way. You challenged me to be just a little bit more than I already was. You made me feel. I didn’t have a choice, I was stuck on you from the moment I meet you. Every conversation that we had felt like it was happening for a reason. You were the only person I ever felt like if I lost myself that I wouldn’t care. That you would recreate an even better version. I was always scared that I wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly caught up on someone else. But when you finally tried to line yourself up with me I think everything began to get far too real for the moment in life. You ran away you tried to pretend like we were nothing to each other. And that’s exactly what we became. Nothing. No words.


From you I was scared for my life. You never really truly made me happy. You made me feel like I wasn’t alone when I really was looking for the confidence. The confidence to not find being alone scary. Everything in you wanted to control me. You wanted me to be something that I wanted. Instead of letting me make choices for myself and with my body. You felt like my body was yours. The games you played, the constant pestering, the control was all for your own benefit. I didn’t want to change anything about myself. I was happy with who I was. I lost friends. I lost my love of life. I lost my v. By the end of you I was miserable that I didn’t even really know what love was supposed to feel like. But all of me sat there trying to figure out how to get out and feel safe at the same time. With you I didn’t feel like I could escape. I felt like you would follow me, that you would intentionally hurt me for hurting you. When you finally gave me a way out I took it. But when I walked away from you I just felt like I walked with the weight of the world. I felt like I was never really going to make something of myself. You wanted me to feel like I was worthless. I forever will remember that feeling when I feel alone. All of me is okay with it now because it is better than someone like you.


From you my whole entire life changed. I became everything I hoped I would at this stage in life. You were and are everything I had needed when I had you. I was sparkling when you meet me. I was graced with confidence that I don’t know where it came from. Life gave me a love bug, a drive from adventure, the chance to start it all over. That scared girl became a boss woman because of you! You sat with me and faced my biggest fears in life. Every day you let me challenge you. You let me see myself in a whole new light. I was magic to you. But to each other we were black magic trying to figure out how to play one another. We were feeding off of energy that we didn’t have to give to each other. In the end we pushed it too far and ended up broken without the ability to repair. But I walk away still believing in the magic of love. I walk away with a new ability to compromise and have tough conversations. I learned how to listen to my body and emotions and follow them endlessly. I learned not to fear the changes I want to me. You made me believe that believe that when I am alone I am powerful. That I am a force to be reckoned with. I am everything I want to be and more. I don’t know why I never believed it before but I saw how smart I was because of you. I learned that as good of a listener as I think I am I need to stop thinking while listening. To just purely hear the words and that be it. From you I have stories that I will never stop telling. I have feelings that I couldn’t teach myself to forget. 

© 2017 RenMc


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love a learning experience and a teacher. I like how you put. Positive spin on something that could have been a negative

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on July 5, 2017
Last Updated on July 5, 2017
Tags: love, loss, hate, gain

Author

RenMc
RenMc

NY



About
19 and just trying to find my place in this great big world. Writing has been my savior for many years. Without it i am a lost soul full of too much going on in my head. I appreciate art, writing, and.. more..

Writing
You Love You You Love You

A Story by RenMc