When We Were Young: Thoughts From The Bottom Of The Bottle (Winter 2019)

When We Were Young: Thoughts From The Bottom Of The Bottle (Winter 2019)

A Chapter by Timothy Ryan

There was something in the way those nights used to move. How those lonesome distant stars would shine in silence just for me. My heart didn’t know how to beat for anything else yet. All I knew was the thrill of life that everyone, stuck in the confusion of their twenties, seemed to be chasing after. I had no idea how those summer nights would roar with passion, or that I’d still hear the echoes of them when life got too still and lost, years later. I was oblivious to the magic that was waiting on the horizon, ready to say hello to me and sing me through the breezes at night -safe, cool and warm. Back when the  burning red cigarette-tips shined the moonlight dull. Before the hangovers of youth left me with only questions about which direction my life was heading in. The only time I can truthfully confess to having no regrets in life and only wide open wonder. As I think back on it now, I didn’t know that the way the air seemed to be kissed with romance wouldn’t last forever. I was too wrapped up in the whirlwind of bliss and curiosity to think about much anything, besides what as in front of me. While my memory falls back through the years and tries to hold onto that feeling again- even if it’s only the slightest touch- all my thoughts run back to one thing; Johanna.


© 2021 Timothy Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on September 30, 2020
Last Updated on July 29, 2021


Author

Timothy Ryan
Timothy Ryan

NY



About
Stories, poetry and everything from the soul. I'm co-authors with whiskey. more..

Writing