The Visit

The Visit

A Story by Retro_Wave
"

.. more of a prelude to the actual visit.

"
The morning began to dawn on both Joe and his wife. Slits of yellow beams of sunlight pierced through the curtains and blinds of their bedroom window. Joe had recently shaken himself out of a vivid dream of a sunset lit beach. His face, still wrinkled from the night, looked toward his wife, Elise.

"Hon..", he quietly whispered, as the clock read 9:14 AM, careful not to wake her up too directly.

What a beautiful woman she is, he thought. In Joe's mind, he was incredibly lucky. Even after all these years, he still couldn't fathom how gorgeous she was. Despite her frazzled curls resting against the pillows and her slight drip of drool on the sheets, Elise was beautiful through and through. She was the one who stole his heart years ago and hadn't put it back. What a charm she was.

"Hmm..", she deeply said.

"Hey, sweetheart, come on, we gotta get up and see them today."

Elise grunted and raspily spoke as she started to awake. "Yeah, I know."
She couldn't stop but keep rubbing her belly with the month old newborn.

And so they began to get ready for the visit.

(fast forwarding)

As both Joe and Elise stood outside of the house, they looked to each other as the doorbell rang. The house itself sat comfortably on a good patch of land. Greenery surrounded the property with a decent proportion of trees giving off a large breath of oxygen.

Elise looked at Joe nervously. "Honey, are you sure they're cool?"

"Of course, dear. Listen, Lee..", Joe placed his hand on his wife's shoulder and hugged her as they stood. "Nothing bad is gonna happen. If I didn't feel comfortable, I wouldn't have brought us here. I just wanna see what they're gonna say. They know we're coming."

© 2017 Retro_Wave


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, I really like how this is progressing!! My thoughts..

Parents?
Grandparents?
Other family?
Uhm... Maybe a daycare or something?

Lol... Keep it up, this is interesting and very well written.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Retro_Wave

7 Years Ago

Oh, heh.. Thanks. I'm sorry I didn't go into things just yet. I shouldn't be drip-feeding the story... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2017
Last Updated on April 4, 2017