Devotion

Devotion

A Story by Retro_Wave

I don't know what my life entails. I grew up thinking that everything will be solved, that my life will simply run on rails. The notion that maybe if I just stop caring, life itself will just pass by and I'll be unscathed. I was fine up until a point. Crashing and burning. The dabbling with vice, the self righteous pity that only I could indulge in. It was my pride that held me in bondage.

But then I met her.

And she showed me that my high horse wasnt so high. That, I was driving my life 200 mph into a brick wall with no brakes. She came along side me and took my hand. She was like, the one person who I wanted. I only thought she was a dream, that she was just fiction. But.. as days turned into weeks and weeks into months, and months into years, I got a chance to understand that she ''was" real.

Maybe this girl found something in me that I had been trying to suppress? Maybe she gave me something that caused me to pursue her. She did something to me. I gave her compassion and tenderness and she gave me love - something I hadn't shown to myself, or learned how to.

I was devoted to her.

© 2017 Retro_Wave


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. This is beautiful and deeply emotional. It's so well-put together; I can't say I've read better.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on April 6, 2017
Last Updated on April 6, 2017