Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by RevengeRoman
"

Seran finds out his brother is a mage, and then shortly there after loses his brother to a stupid, messed up spell that happened to save his life, but what happened to him? Well, David happened...

"

I am dedicating this novel, The Shadow Soul Box, to my beautiful Girlfriend, who despite it all has been there for me no matter what, and dealt with me in even the roughest of times, thank you so much <3 I love you!!!

Seran tried to sit up, every bone in his body ached and his head pounded like a miniature DJ was trying to blow up his brain. He fell back down, his head slamming against the hard, cold floor, the impact drawing a groan from his lips.

This time, Seran decided that the easier task would be to simply open his eyes. He did this slowly, the light searing his eyes and forcing him to blink quickly until his eyes had adjusted. All he could see above him was a ceiling fan, spinning overhead in a way that mesmerized him for a few minutes.

After his brief staring contest with the fan, he turned his head to one side, he was near the door way he assumed they came in, he said doorway because it was just that, an opening in the wall, there really wasn't a door there, though there was a place for one. Sitting against the wall just to one side of the door way was his brother's Girlfriend, Anne, her arms folded over her stomach, as if to protect it from harm, her long brown hair hanging around her shoulders. She wasn't awake though, she was sleeping, her chest heaving up and down with each deep breathe.

He turned his head to the other side and realized that his brother, Chandler, was nowhere in the room with them. Seran finally found the strength to sit up and sat there with his head in his hands, contemplating his next course of action.

He sighed and stood up, examining the other side of the room. There wasn't much there, just a pool table that had been crudely shoved against one wall, it looked expensive, but the once beautiful veneer that had adorned the table was now worn and peeling off, and a chair that was laying on its back and was missing one of its legs. "Well all of this is terribly useful..." He said wryly before walking over to Anne and kicking her gently. "Get up sleepy head, time to figure out where we are." She groaned tried to shift away from him slightly, except in doing so, she had moved into the door way and when she tried to rest her head against the wall again, there was no more wall to support her head.

THUNK. GROOOOAAANN. 

She lay there for a moment, her eyes closed and her cheeks flushed. Seran put his hands on his hips and chuckled lightly. "Way to go there, A+ for effort though." Her head shot up from the floor and her dark brown eyes issued an unspoken threat, but this only made him laugh harder. This enraged her, she punched his shin and he crumpled, grabbing his shin and rolling on the floor. "Holy Crap! Aaaaaagh Jeez, why'd you do that? That was completely uncalled for!" This time she stood up and laughed, offering him her hand.

He took her hand and heaved himself onto his feet. "Okay, so what happened back there Anne? All of this is crazy, I need answers, and I need them now." Her laugh turned into a serious look and she crossed her arms over her stomach again. "Well, Chandler, he's a mage, I know it sounds really weird, but he can do spells and shoot ice out of his scepter and, God this would be so much easier to explain if he was here, he knows a lot more about it than I do."

"So my brother can do magic?" She nodded. "Yes, that's all you really need for now Seran, he'd do a lot better explaining it than I could ever do. Lets just focus on finding him okay?" He nodded, since when could his brother do magic? And why had his brother, his own family, never told him? He shook his head. "Wait, one question though. How did we get here?"

She thought about it. "Well, I know how we got here, but I'm not sure where here is. He cast a spell, one called 'Walk of the Void,' we've used it dozens of times, but he usually takes us back to Richard's Cliff, I honestly have no idea where... Oh god... His staff..."

"Yeah, it got broken by that... that thing, what was that by the way?" She shook her head. "That doesn't matter, what does is that he cast a spell without a magic source, without a magic source he'd be..." She put her hands over her mouth and tears began to for in her eyes.

"Dead?" They both spun around and standing in the door way, or just outside of it rather, was Chandler. The cocky smile he always had adorning his face, his blue eyes shining with glee in his dramatic show. "Chan!" She shouted his name and hugged him tightly. Seran just eyed him carefully, his brother was always a sucker for a good dramatic entrance, but something seemed off. "Little brother? I assume you have plenty of questions." Seran nodded slowly, but he knew just from that that this was not his brother. Chandler never called him "Little Brother" that was way too formal.

"I do have a lot of questions, included in those questions are the questions 'Who are you?' and 'What have you done to my Brother?'"

Chandler's eyes darkened to a deep blue and then to purple. "Well that was quick, what'd I do wrong, I thought I had you're brother down pretty good, the cocky smile, dramatic entrance?" Seran laughed. "Since when does Chandler call me Little Brother? Now, I've answered your question, now you answer mine. Who are you? and What'd you do with my Brother?"

Anne backed away from him and took a place behind Seran, Chandler, or whoever he was, leaned back against the wall. "Very well, I will answer three questions, and only three. Ask." Seran didn't really need to think about it. "Who are you? How did you get into my Brother's Body? And explain magic to me."

"Well, this is going to take a while..." He said, sighing. "Follow me, we might as well do this in comfort." Chandler motioned for them to follow him and walked down a short hallway and into a large living room, where a large leather sectional couch was waiting for them. "Sit down, Anne, go make us some coffee." Anne looked at him indignantly for a moment. "Hey! I want to stay and listen too, besides, you can't order me around!" 'Chandler' looked at her for a moment with an uncaring face, "You will, I am your superior, I could kill you right now if I so pleased, and you're making it very difficult not to, now GO!"

Anne, now thoroughly frightened, practically ran into the kitchen to make coffee. "Now, where were we, ah yes, you're questions. Well let's start with the first one, who am I? I am David. Or at least that's the name you shall know me by, and I am an Obiodon, a demon in other words, I was trapped in the Shadow Soul Box until you're brother let me out."

"Wait, so my brother let you out? Why would he let you out?" Seran asked. "Well, he didn't so much let me out, as he accidentally released me as a consequence of performing magic without a magic source, like his Staff. Well, " He thought for a moment. "thats not entirely true, after his Staff broke, he tried to perform the spell, and his spell drew magic from the nearest source, which happened to be my prison, The Shadow Soul Box. Thus releasing the spell trapping me there and freeing me." Seran gritted his teeth. "And then you inhabited his body..."

Anne walked in, setting three coffee mugs on the coffee table in front of them and pouring them all cups. David picked up one of the cups and sipped tentatively at the hot drink then then closed his eyes and smiled. "Yes, yes I did."



© 2015 RevengeRoman


Author's Note

RevengeRoman
Tell me what you guys think of the characters in particular, I want to make sure the characters don't seem unrealistic.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on September 26, 2015
Last Updated on September 26, 2015