Chapter 1: First Contact

Chapter 1: First Contact

A Chapter by RevohWrites
"

This is the first chapter of the story starting off with Corporal James Lee Quinton getting his first taste of actual combat!

"
The plane's engines rumbled through the air as Quinton loaded his rifle. Bullets from rifles and machine guns smacked into the dirt all around him. Quinton began to think “This is it, im gonna die here in this damn hole.” Rifles barked as bullets were exchanged with the enemy. “Quinton! We need to get up and move! Go move your a*s! Get up to the hill!” Shouted the commander of the team Quinton was in. Quinton climbed out of the fox hole, running toward a small village. Quinton dove into the dirt to avoid incoming fire.  He could hear the bullets smack into the other side of the hill. He stood up and raised his rifle. He lined up the sights with a man in a dark grey uniform. He pulled the trigger. The rifle slammed into his shoulder as he watched the man drop. Quinton lined up the sights with another man in a dark grey uniform. The rifled boomed and slammed into his shoulder once more. Quinton repeated this process for hours. Slowly, the gunfire stopped. Men in olive green uniforms stormed into the town. In the distance  men in grey uniforms walked with their hands reaching for the sky. “Quinton! Get up here Sarge wants to see you!” One of the men yelled out of bombed out bakery. “Sergeant Blackburn! Corporal Quinton reporting sir!” Quinton shouted as he put his rifle to his side and saluted his Sergeant. “Quinton, you put a dent in those krauts defending this village. Good job sir i got a order from General patton to give you a field promotion. Congrats Sergeant Quinton.” Quinton felt excitement but showed no emotion. “Thank you sir.” Quinton began to fear his new rank, if Blackburn became hurt and had to go home, he would be put in charge. Quinton had a feeling that the day would come. Quinton explored the town with some of the other soldiers. Quinton along with a few other men found an old bombed out hotel. Quinton and others slept the night out in the hotel.


© 2016 RevohWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree, you have it broken into paragraphs. It makes us visualize what the american soldiers faced and felt like in the feild of battlle, great work there.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nicely done. But need to break it into paragraphs to make it easier to read.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016
Tags: History, War, Action, Fiction