I remember

I remember

A Chapter by ReyRey13

I remember the day he died, it's hard to forget since it is engraved in my memory, like a scar that I will always have to wear. 
I remember the storm raging outside like the world was sobbing with me. I can practically feel the salty tears sliding down my face, my heart pounding, the blood rushing through my veins, so fast that l feel like the world is spinning. I couldn't move my eyes away from him, my father, now a corpse. 
I stood there perfectly still even though everything inside of me was moving so fast, I could hardly breathe. I stared at him as tears clouded my vision. I collapsed next to him, as I shook him softly at first then firmer and firmer. I glanced at his face that used to always smile and laugh, but it looked solemn and grim. His hands that were always moving making beautiful things, lay by his sides, cold and still. I prayed to every god I knew of, praying that he would open his eyes and fill the quiet, empty room with his radiating laughter, but he didn't.


© 2017 ReyRey13


Author's Note

ReyRey13
My very first chapter, in my very first book, be nice. I am open to constructive criticism and new ideas!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You gave a good account of how someone feels when they lose a loved one. In particular when the peson shook her father - well penned and i did feel the sadness.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 15, 2017
Last Updated on February 16, 2017


Author

ReyRey13
ReyRey13

MD



Writing
The Doodles The Doodles

A Book by ReyRey13