Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Rhonda

   "Are you sure that you want to go through with this?" my mother asks me.

   "Of course. I will come visit, or you can come visit me." I reply. I can not believe that this is happening. I thought that it would not be possible, but this is real, not a dream.

   "I wish you well. You are always welcome here." she starts to cry.

   "It's okay mother. I'll see you again, I promise." I hug her tightly. I will miss her as much as she will miss me. This is the biggest decision I have ever made.

   A new country. New language. New atmosphere. New people. New house. Possibly new friends.

   No one here is the same religion as us. Zero. We call ourselves, al yahood. Jews. اليهود

   We are the only ones here, except for a few more. I actually learned enough Hebrew to understand most of the Torah. I know four languages: Arabic (my native language), Hebrew (I'm not fluent, but almost), English, and German.

   You may be wondering, why did I learn German? What for? And, why English?

   Well, my dream is to go to Germany. I guess it was, not is. I met someone who came to my country. She was Jewish and German. We became friends. Best friends. We decided to write letters to each other back and forth.

   In this letter, she asked me a question that I kept wondering about:

   "Dear Behira,                                 September 1, 1934

    Yes, Germany is fine. I love it here. I will never move anywhere else. How is Egypt doing? I loved it there too, but I know how you feel. You know, there are far more Jews here than there. I have a question for you. If you say no, I understand. Would you like to move here? Here in Berlin?  You will love it, I gurantee it. Go ahead and think about it. It is a huge question. If you decide not to, you can just come visit and I can visit you once again.

Your friend,

Gada



© 2010 Rhonda


Author's Note

Rhonda
i will begin to write after i'm finished with my current book. it will be in a month or two, or maybe three.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting and inspiring.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 12, 2010
Last Updated on December 12, 2010


Author

Rhonda
Rhonda

CA



About
I'm 13. I love to write and I love Arabic music and culture. No, my avatar is not a photo of me! It's a photo of my favorite singer, Nancy Ajram! Yes, I am American! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rhonda


Loneliness Loneliness

A Poem by Rhonda