The Crash

The Crash

A Chapter by Richard Anthony Goulart
"

I decided to make this into a book. Going Chapter by Chapter

"

      The sun glinted off of my hood as I stopped at a red light.  It was cold outside but warm inside the car as I had the heater kicked on.  My wife was sitting beside me and my daughter in the back seat playing on her game boy.  I was having the time of my life and could not think of anywhere else that I would rather be.

      The light turned green signaling us forward and I pushed on the gas pedal and my car started to move forward.  Only it was not forward that I would be moving as an 18 wheeler sped through the intersection, obviously ignoring the red light that was clearly in front of him.  He hit us with a force unlike any other and sent our car into the air.

      The world turned an ugly shade of black and I had no idea what was going on.  I heard a man vaguely in the back ground asking over and over again, "Are you OK?"  I wanted to shout at him, "Does it look like I am OK," but my mouth wouldn't seem to work so I ended up doing nothing.  Again the black covers all and than I am jolted awake as the blast of an adrenaline shot awakens me, and my first thought was,  Where is my wife and daughter?

     I reached for the nearest man and tried to ask about my family but my mouth was so parched that the only sound that I could muster was a feeble rustling sound.  The man eased a bottle of water in my mouth and I was relieved when I felt the cool water drench the back of my throat.

     It was than that I was able to muster two words.  "My Family?"

     The man looked at me with a look of pain and I new the words that came out of his mouth even before he said them.  "I am sorry but they did not make it."

    Hearing those words I gladly let unconsciousness take me once more.  I did not have anything else to live for.  My family was taken from me and I wanted nothing more than to be with them.  I gave up, however life had other plans for me.


© 2013 Richard Anthony Goulart


Author's Note

Richard Anthony Goulart
Tell me what you think should be changed and whether or not you think that it should be continued.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

143 Views
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013


Author

Richard Anthony Goulart
Richard Anthony Goulart

Little Rock, AR



About
HEY!!!!! The name is Richard and I am a straight goof. I play and goof around at everything that I do and I wont stop it no matter what. Many, many times people have told me that I play too much an.. more..

Writing