Letter No.1

Letter No.1

A Story by RibhyMay
"

A letter to a very old friend.

"
Hello, Old Friend.
I want to thank you, for everything, but I fear that words cannot truly express my undying gratitude towards you, so I am afraid that we will have to make do with these primitive means of communication for now.
I want you to know that you are loved by so many, and you have touched so many lives, and I think, quite possibly, you have saved mine. I also want you to know that you are not forgotten - I know that, secretly, we all have this fear that once we are dust we will fade from the world's eyes, like smoke. But most importantly, I want to thank you.
Thank you for making me feel infinite.
It is no secret to you that my mind is a cruel and unforgiving place, a haunted house; fun to visit once a year, yet no brave soul wants to adventure in all the way. I was barricaded, trapped inside my own head, afraid that my Pandora's box would be opened, and all the worst things in the world would burst their banks and flood everything in it's path, but you, this funny, quirky and passionate human, helped me to stop the flood.
Do you remember that night? When we were sat in the music room, you at the piano and me on the desk, and we sat in silence as the piano sang the blues, and in that moment nothing could have made me any happier. All that mattered was the tune of the piano and the silence within.
I will never forget that moment for as long as I live.
Now, I am afraid I must leave you. There is so much more that I want to say to you, but for now I shall hold my tongue. 
Remember me, for we shall meet again. And I don't doubt that for a second.
Thank you,
Me. 

© 2016 RibhyMay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this letter. There is a lot of affection and gratitude expressed to a friend that had passed on. The hope for a future reunion of minds gives hope.
I enjoyed it because it is honest and touching.
Well done,
Alan

Posted 7 Years Ago


RibhyMay

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your lovely review! This letter was meant to be ambiguous, and although this person ma.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2016

Author

RibhyMay
RibhyMay

Devon, United Kingdom



About
- Unconventional Writer. - One of Britain's most average specimens. - Socially inept. - Has good days and bad days. - Likes crap telly and hot beverages. - Is somewhat musical. - Life ambition:.. more..

Writing
Paper Cuts. Paper Cuts.

A Poem by RibhyMay


Letter No. 4 Letter No. 4

A Story by RibhyMay