⁓ How you'll know I Love You ⁓ (simple love poem)

⁓ How you'll know I Love You ⁓ (simple love poem)

A Poem by Richard🖌
"

English [Shakespearean] Sonnet Doublet

"

a.png

aa.png

aaa.png

© 2019 Richard🖌


Author's Note

Richard🖌
Golden Finches from Wikimedia Commons.

Constructively critical reviews are always welcomed, and appreciated. : )

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautifully written, expressing perfectly the continuity of love. Separation by distance or death, it matters not...for love is kept safely within every memory and moment. At our weakest, or even at times of achievement...we need the connection to our love. Unbeknownst to us, as we share our lives with one another...our senses are creating a collection of memories for our hearts...promising that we shall never truly be alone. Our senses are the keepers and dispensers of creativity...to allow for our loves and lives to be eternal, through art, poetry and song. I am impressed, always, by the depth of your words. Thank you for sharing...
Soft smiles for you...
Ahnjolie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

5 Years Ago

Ahhh!
No one interprets and feels my poetry like you do, Dear Ahnjolie … and as much as the.. read more



Reviews

I have said this before and I'll say it again, you are indeed a true romantic! I was reading this beautiful piece of writing and I was thinking of that one somebody. It's great to read something and it can bring back so many memories. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you ever-so gratefully and sincerely, Dear Poet, for sharing this lovely piece with me.
.. read more
WoW!!!
this is poetry in true sense......
absolutely beautiful and so romantic....
i loved it!!!
:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you sincerely and warmly, Pushkar, for reading, commenting and loving it … what more could a.. read more
A beautiful setting for an outstanding poem. Very romantic, soft and romantic. Thank you very much.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you again, Africa, for visiting my pages and selecting one of my humble little efforts, and fo.. read more
I may not express myself as eloquently as your poem but I must say it was beautiful. Better to have loved & lost than to never loved at all comes to mind. I enjoyed it very much!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Hi, EileenMarie,
It is wonderful to have you select one of my poems to read and comment on �.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
How gloriously you do shine in this extended sonnet dear Richard.

The immeasurable love expressed in the most finest feelings, thoughts and desires flows gently like the river and rises to give us a harmonic melody of a heart in love.

I love that the speaker builds his case on his comparison with nature. As he continually returns to the rain, and leaves, to birds, and colors, the reader get their senses full of love.

amazing work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

I think I might wrap myself in your enthralling review, M'Lady, and spend all afternoon shining my t.. read more
A splendid verse Richard that harks back to the great romanticist poets of the past. I have not the patience to construct such verse or the technical knowledge to do so.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you, John, for selecting this romantic little piece from my battered olde pen to read, complim.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

8 Years Ago

No Richard your Aunt Kate is to be thanked for helping you to express so eloquently.
Quatrain three, line one; my count is off.
This is lovely, Richard. As always, beautiful rhythm, rhyme, and feeling.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Yes, Matt, that over count was on purpose this time … one of my rare moments when I gave myself pe.. read more

5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2991 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2019

Author

Richard🖌
Richard🖌

Houston, TX



About
~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~·&.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..