Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Richard Patrick

CHAPTER 7

The answer that was before the lord was not what he was expecting.  The sword has something to do with them. That they faced. Whatever they were Meeckiss would not say. He simply told him, to returned the sword from whence it had come.


Shallynne did not like what they were proposing to do. The kingdom would have been over run without her having found the sword. That was there. She knew that they would need help to stop them from doing this.


The sword was a blessing to her, it have saved her life. What had he had meant by saying,"She must be rid of the sword." 


 "It had saved our lives, so far." Taka said as he accepted the question that had been laid before them.  What was the sword? Why should it pose such a problem as this?  He could not understand the problem that was before them.


The community seemed to be very busy, they looked upset at their arrival there. He wondered what he was doing.


"I think, we had better try and go to crystal city?" Shallynne suggests


"we had better try the wharves to find a vessel going there." The lord suggested.


Walking to the wharves where there were several ships at the wharves.  He approached,"Which vessel is headed towards the kingdom of Crystal City."


The ship that was headed towards the kingdom  would take them three weeks, to get there. It was the only ship that would take them there.


Shallynne decided to hide the sword as she hide it with a durlap bag to conceal the bardric that she was holding in her hands. They climbed aboard the ship.


The ship had gotten underway in the water. The lord looked at the soldiers as they had gotten used to this circumstances. They would be at sea.  The sea had grown angry the water had become a squall, the furious water had come very deadly.  Waves crashed and burst tore through the wood of the ship. It was as though they had angered the gods.


What had they come in contact with. They did not know, what they had done. The torts of water lashed the ship as body would from a flogging. The ship was thrown about like a fish going through a circuit of rapids.


It made it to the other coast I Then a faster time, than they had thought possible. The crew looked at it, they seemed thankful for their arrival there. Something had angered the god of the water. What was it that had angered the god so.


Shallynne held onto the ropes fro her very life, She saw others flung like stones from a catapult. She could not believe what her eyes were seeing. Men were thrown over board, men who had known the sea for all of their lives.


When the water washed the sack off of the baldric and sword. They recognized the sword, the crew grew afraid. They advanced towards her, and drew up their weapons to attack her.


The Lord and his men stepped into the fray, when it was over the ship was lacking quite a large number of their crew. The ship arrived at the dock.


The captian looked at ship, its timbers were broken, glared at Shallynne who was leaving their ship by means of the gangplank.

The captian snarled, "You will never leave here!"


The lord looked at the captian and said,"We have given you far more than what your ship is worth to get us here. I will pay you for your pain and suffering."


"Your money is not enough." the captian replied.


Shallynne began to walk towards the darkened streets, it looked deserted, as the weather crashed and rocked across the bay. It looked as though to the Lord that they were deserted. The water washed the streets. 


The rest of the soldiers had joined her going to an inn. The inn was called the laughing Unicorn. They were very wet when they had entered the inn.


The owner looked at them, and asked, "What do you need?"


"We would like rooms for the night and food with which to eat?"  the lord said.


"Of course, sir."


As the lord was able to do this, as he put the coins with which to pay for their food.


The owner looked at the baldric and sword on Shallynne's back he looked afraid of what he was seeing there, There has to be a reason to do this. However he could see no reason, that he should allow her inside his inn.


The lord put the coins on the desk. The owner looked at the coins decided to take them for the rooms. He took them to their rooms.



"Now, that we are here what do we do next."


"We have to find a way to stop that b*****d from doing this to us>"


"I know, but how?"


"That I do not know."


s

Shallynne fell asleep. that night to be reawoken. The knight stood before her, She looked at him, now he looked heroic, tallmuscular and handsome. He said,"Take the letter to Ryan Kileka. He will help you." 

 


    She said<"I will do this."


    "Do what?" another member of the room asked as he rolled on the bed, he wondered who she was talking to in the room while she should have been asleep. Who had come in here, he heard no one enter the room.  


He opened his eyes to see the knight in his armour shining with a light that allowed them to see him most clearly. He had a rose on the sheild and the breast plate.


"Who are you?"


"I am the kinght who saved her. I will protect her with my life and I pray you will too." he dropped to his knee and handed her his sword.


She looked at it as though not knowing what to do?



© 2016 Richard Patrick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on March 21, 2016
Last Updated on April 10, 2016


Author

Richard Patrick
Richard Patrick

wpg, MB, Canada



About
56 years of age. Dabble in fantasy. Married to a girl with cp. She has depression as do I. Also have schizophrenia/ Am trying to complete a fantasy story. Interested in your group. more..

Writing