Intro and Chapter 1 ( not yet finished )

Intro and Chapter 1 ( not yet finished )

A Chapter by Rimarin

This is a cold and cruel world, where cold and cruel rule.

A world of hate and loneliness, forsaken by the gods.

Holy flames of rightousness, they burn away my skin.

Ones of light and innocense, they die all once again.


Snow was falling from the sky onto a quiet village.

ah, how nostalgic….” she sighed with her eyes fixated on the sky crying ice.

The blonde girl walked through the now abandoned village and turned to look back as the wind rustled her hair. Behind her lay a pool of red, she looked at it with no emotion as the snowflakes melted in the fresh blood.

Nothing new, she walked away as she wiped her blades clean from the filth.

although… i cannot remember why”



Snow. It was snowing on that day too.

A starved village of hunters lived in the deep forest. The trees were tall and dense the snow piled on them more and more as it kept falling from the sky.

daddy! Look!! snow fairies!” a little girl yelled as she leaned against the forsty window. Her small hands left marks on the glass when she sat back down on her chair dissapointed. ” daddy do you not believe in fairies ? I do ! I saw !”. ”hmmm ? You saw ?” the shaggy man mumbled infront of the fireplace. ” yes ! When i was out in the forest with Cornelius ! They called to us, the fairies called my name! ” she said while poking in the meat soup her father had brought her. ” i see. You should eat now little miss ” he smiled.

Snow was still falling, slowly, ” looks like fairies dancing” as she stared at the frosted window. As she looked down she saw her eye reflected in the watery soup, it waned and waxed like the moon. ”say daddy, is cornelius still hunting? Why isn't he back yet?”, her father flinched and looked away ”Cornelius he. He isn't coming back”. She stared at the frosted window, so many snowflakes… one of them looked red.

Everything went blurry. Fuzzy. Red. Red. More red.

it's cold. It's cold daddy ”

A ring of fire.

-

-

-

Say little miss. Let me help you find your lost bird, Cornelius ” a man in black offered her his hand.

She took it.

He bore an eerie grin as he spoke ” good. Now let us clean you up little fairy ”






The First Spell


ALL NEO NATOS ALIGN ” a man in black screamed as the young girls lined up, anywhere from age 10 to 20, as the scream echoed i the great halls of the church.

you have done well my girls, you have finally finished your trainings and are now of the rank Neo Nato, new born witches ” the headtrainer spoke with pride of his creations. The church was made out of white marble with paintings painted by the best on the walls and the round like roof. The girls stood in the grand hall, surrounded by pillars lined in gold and treasures, many of them nervous many of them not fazed at all.

Neo Natos, Newborns. You all are ready for your first missions, you shall all be great hunters in the name of the Great White Church, may you ever be blessed by the gods to keep growing stronger. You shall be assigned your teams now, when you hear your names please move to your future overlooker, Good Luck! ” the headtrainer smiled and dissapeared into the dark behind the curtains of the main pedestal.



The trainers started to call out names for teams one by one, ” i'm suprised i can even hear my own thoughts in all of this noise ” The blonde girl thought to herself daydreaming as she leaned against a pillar. ” TEAM XI , I CALL FORTH; ALICE , LUCIA, MORGAN, URSULA, CASSIA, MINOA AND… BANSHEE ” the words of the XI groups trainer echoed through the hall. She hearkened to her name and got up, like the other girls.

My name is Artemis and i will be your, group XI's trainer ” The man smiled. He had long blonde hair and sapphire like eyes, he wore a signature trainer outfit; Black leather pants with a skin tight black shirt along w all the usual needs for a witch hunter like daggers and weapons. ” so! Have any of you awakened in the arcane yet? Do not worry if you have not , it is quite the unsual occurence amongst the newborns, so there is-” Artemis was cut off by a girl with long black curly hair thrown in a ponytail. ” Actually, me and Lucia are awoken mister cutie” she chuckled as she flipped and apple around in her hand. Her fringe almost covered her dark eyes, they seemed very deep and almost lifeless, there was something mischievous about her being. ” And you are ? ” Artemis proceeded, he seemed impressed. ” Alice, and this cheeky cutie over here is Lucia” she smirked as she pointed to a girl with caramel brown hair. Her hair was midlenght and covered her other eye, the eye that peeked through on the otherside was a glowing gold. Lucia crossed her arms ” yes we have awoken, although it is not complete..” she stated calmly. ” i see i see ” artemis smiled as he scribbled something down in the notebook he had hanging on his side usually, ” and you others? ” he continued asking. ” Banshee. Or Shey preferably ” The blonde girl smiled and the other girls followed presenting their names.



A little short, black haired girl caught Shey's eye, ” she looks like a fairy…. ” she thought happily. The girls name was Morgan, or so she had stated. ” let me assing you your first mission girls. As you all know if you do well on missions you might rise in rank in the future! Do you know of the ranking system ? Let me explain ! There are five ranks and a top ten, the higher you descend in rank the more dangerous missions you will get and the more freedom you shall have. The ranks follow; Neo Nato, Neo Strega, Strega, Arco Strega and Divina. The top ten consists of the ten strongest witch hunters at the moment, The Arco Divina, in order to achieve higher status among the Arco Divina you must kill the witch in the position you would like, are there any questions ?” Artemis explained happily. The girls were silent, each with varying expressions. Alice and Lucia looked at eachother in confidence, ” … i guess they want to rise in ranks fast huh ” Shey though to herself. ” no questions ? Alright. I will now proceed to give you your first mission, this will stengthen your team bond and will raise your abilities to a new level. Recently there have been requests to purge some level E witches from the city of Belran, it is the neighbouring city to us. I have prepared your new gear for you and you may choose your own weapons from the backwall in your teams quarters. You are sent to the place by carriage, and remember girls, there is no escape! Now ! You must hurry” Artemis smirked as he walked away.

let us go get our gear then! ” Shey smiled at the other girls, but Alice and Lucia had already left and were walking towards the rooms.


What do you mean quarters and rooms. These are the same prisons like always… where is the luxury !” Alice moaned while pouting. ” Remember Alice. We are slaves, nothing more.” Lucia continued as she looked at the wall of weapons and picked one. It was a whip of steel-like material, ” this will do ” she calmly said as she next reached for the new gear. ” WHAT IS THIS !! … so.. not cute… ” Shey cried out, ” where are the cute frills !!! aahhh...” she whined. ” What are you saying, these are sexyyy , and probably mobile tooo… suitable for killing” Alice had popped up behind Shey and was now leaning on her shoulder. ” Ah. The names Alice and this ball of boredom is Lucia ” Alice licked her lips. ” It is better to keep a calm profile than being too loud” Lucia said from behind her shoulder while putting on the gear. ” Shey, i am Shey” Shey smiled at Alice. ” AHHH !! how cute, can i call you SheyShey ?, on another note, which weapons have you decided for ?” Alice smirked exictedly. Shey looked at the weapons behind her, there was a whole wall full of weapons from daggers to claymores to whips. A pair of circular blades caught her eyes, she had used that kind before, ” those are pretty fun” she said. ” the spinners ? That'll do some nice blood splattering” Alice said with an excited face. ” I'm going for the dagger set, it goes well with my arcane” Alice continued as she picked down the daggers ” i'm naming you all; Lust, Envy, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Pride and Sloth ! ” Alice talked to the daggers with the biggest grin one by one naming the daggers. ” you're better of not listening to that crazy girl Shey ” Lucia smiled slightly. Alice jupmed around in excitement ” and you others ! What are your names ? ” she squeeled. ” I am Ursula and this is Minoa and Cassia ” The tanned girl with short hair said. ” great, my cute little team!! let's go spill some blood-- ” Alice squeeled as she ran past little Morgan who had just picked herself a weapon. ” That big of a claymore! But you're so tiny and cute Morgan” Shey said in awe. Morgan blushed ” i.. can handle it.. ” she quietly whispered and rushed away. ” well. I guess everyone else is ready too ” Shey thought as she left the room with her new gear and weapons for the carriage along with everyone else.




Outside of the church a huge steel wagon had been waiting for the team, which they were now sitting in. ” Why is the carriage made out of such sturdy material… ” Ursula seemed worried. ” It is because we are slaves and dangerous, it just makes sure we do not escape. ” Lucia explained clamly as she inspected the steel wall from the inside.

Come to think of it all the hunters we have tend to have the same kind of background, or so i've heard” Shey muttered. ” Yeah. We're all orphans, in one way or another” Lucia stated. ” yes.. it is so. Cassia, Minoa and me all came from the same village. A natural disaster destroyed all of our homes and lands, we were one of the few who survived. I wonder why we were picked.” Ursula explained looking at Minoa and Cassia who nodded to her. Lucia took a deepbreath ” Young traumatized children who no one will remember are ideal, easy to manipulate and make into a blood thirsting killer. Apparently male bodies do not handle the mutilation of the body well, we all know how hard it is and that is why we consist of only females.” Lucia explained calmly. Ursula, Morgan, Cassia and Minoa looked grim, while Alice and Lucia seemed completely calm. ” Similar backgrounds. I can't seem to remember.. ” Shey wondered as the carriage bounced on the rocky road.


We have arrived” the carriage driver said as the carriage stopped. ” About time hnggnn. I hate these kinds of things. ” Alice whined as she got up and kicked the carriage door open. ” not very secure was it. ” Shey noted. The girls all hopped out of the carriage and were now standing infront of a little village by the side of a river. The drive cleared his throat ” I was told to relay you a message from Artemis. He says; Now girls, the people have been evacuated, the village is yours to search. But remember, if you stumble on something greater.. leave it.”.


The village seemed so calm as they walked towards the center of the village, there wasn't a soul to be seen, only thing that could be heard was the nightsounds of animals and the calming sound of the river. Alice was rushing ahead with Lucia and Shey following her shortly behind while the rest seemed afraid and walked a distance behind them. ” Blood , Blood , Blooooddddd and More blood ! ” Alice sang happily, she seemed very excited Shey thought. The circular blades Shey had picked gleamed beautifully in the moonlight as they arrived at the center of the village. Shey spinned the blades a little, that's how they were supposed to work, you spin them fast in your hands and move swiftly so they cut cleanly and fast. ” E levels ! E levels where areee youuuu !! ” Alice sang. ” You're going to wake the dead if you yell like that… They should be lurking here somewhere, just wait for it, or go look.” Lucia sat down on a stone bench. ” How… how can you be so calm … this is dangerous.. ” Ursula whimpered. ”It's either Win or Lose, Live or Die. No other choices. If you want to live you must fight” Shey said with a cold tone.

Dramatic ” Alice smirked and chuckled while trying to gaze around the village. ” they're coming. ” Lucia calmly took her whip out and stood up. ” Yay yay yay ! Now we can dance ! The Dance of death ! Which direction Lucia ? ” Alice jumped around. ” North, East and West , There's about 20 or 30 of them. ” Lucia calmly stated while walking towards the North alley. ” I take these with Morgan. Alice and Shey you take East , Ursula

Cassia and Minoa you take West” she explained. ” Whoa… is that her arcane power ? ” Ursula seemed suprised. ” Hightened senses huh. Almost perception. ” Shey thought to herself. ” Expected of Lucia the Strategist ” Alice grinned as she dragged Shey with her to the Eastern alleys. ” oohhh… i can see them. LET'S SPILL SOME BLOOD GIRLS !” Alice yelled as she noticed the creatures standing at the other end. Creatures, with humanoid forms but wierd mutation like characteristics ” Like monsters ” Shey thought, ” so not cute… ”.




© 2017 Rimarin


Author's Note

Rimarin
ignore grammar issues and such :D it is merely for fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on August 12, 2017
Last Updated on August 12, 2017


Author

Rimarin
Rimarin

Finland



About
Just a normal 18 year old girl who likes to make up her own fantasy stories more..

Writing