Pure Happiness

Pure Happiness

A Poem by P. J. Rough-Rope
"

a poem about what makes me happy

"
My baby told me; "write about what makes you happy"
And so I will.

I press my fingers on the keys as I try to imagine about what happiness means to me, but I can't think of anything that would serve as useful to what other people think.
My philology is very different as to what other people might say.

I say happiness is more of a feeling than anything else.
Things do not make me happy.
Material objects do not make me happy.
I can make myself happy, just as anyone else can.

But along the ideas of material objects and the effect they have on my body,
I say that reading makes me happy;
pencil
and
paper
and 
books
and
the
turning
of
pages.

I say that as far as "people" go to make me happy, the thetan of my boyfriend seems to become a pure ball of happiness when I view him in my eyes and smile;
the way
he laughs
and how
he smiles
at me.

I don't know myself as well as I used to and so I can't really say what makes me happy in all honesty.
But I know that you don't have to know
what
makes
you
happy.

© 2018 P. J. Rough-Rope


Author's Note

P. J. Rough-Rope
please review my work as constructively as you can :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Happiness is intangible. Happiness means different things to different people. Some more enlightened than others. In time, we are just a blink of an eye. But before the eye lid falls there is light, that light is what we should bask in, no matter how short. I like your vision of it. A lot of power in your words. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Happiness is intangible. Happiness means different things to different people. Some more enlightened than others. In time, we are just a blink of an eye. But before the eye lid falls there is light, that light is what we should bask in, no matter how short. I like your vision of it. A lot of power in your words. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Happines is one of the most exhilirating feeling anyone can have - even a gamboling lamb shows happines - in his actions. Happiness reflects the joy of being alive. A fetching piece. thank you for sharing and showing that life can be beautiful!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2018
Last Updated on August 29, 2018
Tags: happiness, smile, love, care, baby, boyfriend, heart, reading, books, chapter, pages

Author

P. J. Rough-Rope
P. J. Rough-Rope

About
Known by her alias as P. J. Rough-Rope, otherwise known as P. J., she lives in a dark and freezing room in the barbaric times of these days. She has a hand deformity known as TPTPS, otherwise known as.. more..

Writing