Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rob Yoshi

I remember the moment when I called up Miki using the phone application Line. It began with small talk that people usually have when they haven't talked for a long time. "Hey, how are you?" "What have you been up to these days?" "Good to hear you again." Small talk. But this was no ordinary conversation. I cut to the chase quickly and offered her a suggestion:
"Do you want to get back together?" 
She said yes. No hesitation. No pause in her voice. Just a simple and quickly responded "yes". 
"You'd have to move to Canada and live with me, you know that. Are you willing to do that?"
"Yes," She replied. 
We talked for an entire hour about our lives, our feelings, and our future goals. I had offered her an escape for her life in Japan to be a part of my life in Canada. It wasn't as if she was a complete stranger. Talking on the phone with her felt as if I was talking to an old friend. Things would be just like before, right? Right?! Wouldn't they?! Ha. Nope. I was in for a surprise. 
I reconnected with her based on our past relationship, but looking back, I wonder how common my situation was. Two people, once a couple who graduated together in high school, reunite after moving on with their lives and being separated for ten years. This is the story of that relationship. The story the involves the hardships, challenges, differences, and the good and bad times the couple faced and experienced. To tell the whole story I'll need to start from the very beginning. The beginning of when we met as children and reunited as adults. So far, my journey with this girl has been an interesting one and inspiring. I look forward to sharing it with you as well as others. 


© 2014 Rob Yoshi


Author's Note

Rob Yoshi
Ignore grammar problems. What do you think of the prologue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on April 19, 2014
Last Updated on April 19, 2014


Author

Rob Yoshi
Rob Yoshi

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada



About
My name is Rob. I'm just an amateur writer who writes up stories for fun on my own spare time. I am currently employed as a Stevedore and have a bengal cat named Micah that I live with. I love to trav.. more..

Writing
Our first date Our first date

A Chapter by Rob Yoshi