Love, can keep rocks alive

Love, can keep rocks alive

A Story by Ronnie

“True love can keep rocks alive”


Once upon a time, When inanimate things had feelings, and rain knew how to sing, everything then had a purpose , just like now. Yet, everything had dreams as well then. However, there were two candles in a big house.They loved each other a love stronger than the one between fish and sea.But every night, They wouldn't be able to see each other because of the darkness.They had to wait for the long hours of the night to pass to see each other again.


It went  like that for along time until one day, the chandelier told them that there was a place where the sun was always up and it would only go down for two hours to rest then it would shine all over again.That chandelier brought a big hope to their life. But he warned them that the way was dangerous. They'd have to walk through the tenuous rocks of the lonely mountain and face the wicked winds of it. But for all the love they had for each other, they accepted the challenge.


They said their goodbyes to the chandelier and started their adventure with high spirits. They walked for days and weeks, until they reached the lonely mountain. But, the mountain was stiff and so hard to mount.They sat right down the  mountain for a night almost broken down for not being able to climb and wishing they could see each over. Suddenly, One of the lazy rocks felt sorry for them. Thereby, he told them that if one of them could get the rope out of him/herelf, they would be able to use it for climbing. The male got excited for the idea and said that he'd do it. Hence, the female got worried and as much as she tried to stop him, she couldn't . He had a dream. And he was about to fulfill it. He took out the rope feeling a great pain. But, the pain of now was nothing compared to the joy of what would come after.


In the morning, they started climbing, using the rope to mount easily. They were on the tip of the mountain by evening. And they felt so tired. Therefore, they decided to stay there for the night and dismount to the other side in the following morning. They sat down on a rock  that was on the top of another one.In the quiet evening, they started singing to each other to break sadness. Suddenly, and from nowhere, a wind blew strongly  shouting in a loud voice he said: "I'm the king of the lonely mountain. It is lonely, and  its rocks are weak because of me.I'm here to make sure it is as I left it the last time." They both were so scared. The rock under them got scared from the suppressor too. And none of them could do anything about it because they were paralyzed by the wind's strength.


In a moment, The rock was getting so weak. And would break in two so soon. And if it did, they would both die because The rock was their only shelter from falling off the mountain.  However,  the female had a plan. She thought that if she got to lighten herself up,  She'd melt in the crack of the rock,  Keep it up together, and most importantly save the one she loved from a certain death. The male on the other hand, objected furiously . But, she made him calm down for that was the only solution. And through it, two out of the three would be able to survive. He wanted to do it instead of her, but couldn't for he had no rope. She lightened herself up. Thus, she started melting so sadly and the male's heart ached from the  scene. But, she asked him smiling not to think about anything else but the fact that they could finally see each other in the middle of the night. What if I hug her while she is melting and melt with her,he thought. In the end, he hugged her and as they were melting They got joined as one, setting their love  on fire and saving the rock from being destroyed and teaching the wind's heart how the immortal true love really is.

© 2016 Ronnie


Author's Note

Ronnie
I accept all kind of feedback :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Critique: (It went like that for along time) for a long time
(get the rope out of him/herelf) herself
(The male got excited for the idea) excited about the idea

Review: Nice fable, Aesop would be proud of this and the moral, the question is are you going to start your own book of fables? Not a bad idea, update the fable to modern times and modern situations :~)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ronnie

8 Years Ago

Hey Bear, as always, thank you for the correction and the review.

We'll I haven't th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 4, 2016
Last Updated on January 4, 2016

Author

Ronnie
Ronnie

Duhok, Iraq, Iraq



About
Hi. I'm Ronnie Nissan Yousif. I'm a student at English language and literature department. I'm 24 old male from Iraq. I love writing. I started with writing poems in Syriac my mother tongue. But now I.. more..

Writing
Footprints Footprints

A Poem by Ronnie


the wonder the wonder

A Poem by Ronnie