Chapter Three: The Arrival

Chapter Three: The Arrival

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray

As soon as I step through the palace doors, Narra disappears from beside me.

I panic slightly.

"Hey Nare, where'd you go? Narra?"

"She's here," the voice in my head says.

I jerk back before realizing.

"So you were the voice in my head!" I exclaim. "Why are you talking in third person?"

"No reason." She answers blatantly. "I need to do this in order to communicate with you without interfering with the story." she replied.

"Well, talking to you in my head will certainly make me look crazy alright."

"I'll take you to your chambers." She says "Your stories have now begun and now you're very existence will affect the story. I must take you to your position."

"Lead the way conscience."

Nare led me down a large golden foyer, big enough to fit a giant. Long green vines twist and wrap around poles and pedestals. Gold and red prisms hang on the ceiling over my head. Everything was spectacular and stunning, almost hurting my eyes even.

"Don't dwell," Narra tells me. "Focus, just keep walking straight until we reach the stairs."

The stairs. They seem to go on forever as I ascended them.

"Where are you taking me again?" I ask distractedly.

"Your chambers."

"Right."

Okay.

When we finally hit the second floor, Nare told me to keep going straight, my room just around the corner.

As we approach my door, Narra spoke.

"I must become dormant for this part. Good luck, Elias."

"Wait what? Why?"

But then I was answered by the sudden approach of footsteps, heading towards me.

Nare was gone, so then thinking on impulse, I dashed into my room, slamming the door behind me.

"What the--" I heard a voice say.

Quickly, I rushed onto the royal looking bed and dashed under the covers like a scared little kid.

There was a knock on my door.

"Prince Elias Charming, are you well?"

"I'm fine." I speak quickly.

"That is good. May I enter your chambers. Are you decent?"

Suddenly Narra was back again.

"Tell him you're not. Closet. Get changed now."

Narra was gone again.

To the person outside I said,

"Give me a moment."

And so quickly, I bounded over to my massive closet and started dressing.

Minutes later, I was dressed in ridiculous looking trousers that barely reaches the ends of my legs with knee length socks underneath. A fancy tunic, and the ugliest black pairs of shoes ever seen complete my outfit.

The person on the other side knocked again.

"Prince Eli I have wonderful news to share with you. Please make haste."

"Is he the king?" I try to ask Narra in my head.

She doesn't respond.

"I'll be there in a sec." I tell the guy.

Then shortly, I pulled the door open for him to come in.

"My son." The king announce once seeing me.

I feign a smile and nod.

"Um... Yes Father?



© 2016 Rockel Mansaray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on December 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 15, 2016


Author

Rockel Mansaray
Rockel Mansaray

ewing, NJ



About
When I write a story, the moment I think of an idea, I write it down or in this case type it down. So I can't really guarantee when exactly I update my stories, but I can guarantee that I come up idea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


JERE JERE

A Book by Rockel Mansaray