Nightmares

Nightmares

A Chapter by RosalieAllen

 

Nightmares


 

I jolted awake suddenly, remembering the previous nights horror, and certain that I should be dead. I waited whilst my eyes adjusted to the darkness that engulfed me, maybe last night had been a dream. Although I could still feel twinges of the pain that had inflamed my body. My vision became clearer, I remembered of the previous night, I had not suffered alone. I let a gasp of pain escape my lips before I collapsed into myself sobbing.

My family had been with me when they had come, I had been unable to save them, I could see them now, bodies mangled laying on the floor next to me. My daughter's face upturned towards me grimacing in pain, almost accusing me of leaving her. Then I realised what I was, I had not survived the night in my form, I had changed, into one of the evil creatures that had desecrated my home, and murdered my husband and children. I tried to stop the steady flow of tears that had assaulted me. For now I had a purpose, would have my revenge. It would be sick, twisted and sadistic but it would be mine and I would enjoy every second of it.


 

It had started seven days ago, when my husband brought home a stranger. I didn't want the stranger in my home he looked like us, but he was different, I could smell the evil coming off him in droves. I knew he had killed before, but my beautiful, kind, loving husband persuaded me it was our duty.

I hated the way he looked at me always appraising and staring at me with cold heartless eyes. I could feel his eyes following every step I took, having him near me made me uneasy, I kept my children close not letting them out of my sight. The stranger did not bother my husband, who would strike up easy conversations and was disappointed in my lack of hospitality and almost open hostility .


 

Then came that dreadful night, it was a little after seven I was settling the children down for bed, when I heard them. He had let them in I began to block the door, my husband thought I had gone mad, telling me it was just the stranger's friends.

I will never speak his name, he disgusts me so much, I will speak it only when I watch him burn with branded silver. My two daughters picked up on my panic and rushed to my aid, for their young age they were instinctively aware that the stranger was evil, they had hated him as much as me, refusing to sleep in their own room. They could hear us in the other room and began to laugh, high piercing cold laughter.

They think the door will block us” one of them scoffed in disbelief. I ran to the window,our car was seconds away, I cursed that we lived in the forest at this moment. As I reached the window I saw a gleeful, sneering face peer in at me. I pushed the children away, screaming for the man to leave and that we had called the police.

He had merely laughed in response

No you have not, and it would make little difference to me if you had, just more guilt on you for the killing of even more innocents”he goaded, as he smashed his fist through the window, as the others smashed down the door. My husband and I instinctively bent to protect our children, I looked desperately around me for a weapon, knowing as I did that resistance was futile. I was going to die and so were my loved ones, my tiny Clara, just turned three, she would not experience this world. My tiny little helper Heaven, such a kind heart, only six too young for this fate, she would not see the world like she dreamed. My husband Lucas, my beautiful soul mate, he too would soon be gone forever. My mind flashed through all the memories. I hoped it would be quick and they would feel no pain, I had a feeling they would not merely be done with us though. It seemed like an eternity as they stalked inwards. I kissed my family and told them I loved them, bracing myself to fight to the death when any of them came near me, I would not go down without a fight.


 

Our resistance was over in seconds, I was tied to the radiator in the corner of the room, watching the horror taking place before me and trying to comfort my girls. My husband was being as brave as he could, hardly a whimper escaped his lips, although the pain must be unbearable, I saw his back arch and his eyes roll over and over again with the pain, I cried out for him. My little Heaven kept screaming at the men to leave her Daddy alone, Clara seemed to be gone, her eyes blank and unseeing as she watched the man nearest her continue his assault. I found myself thinking that even if we did get out of this god awful situation, my daughter would not recover she would be an empty shell, a crushed butterfly. They had raped me before turning to my husband, they assaulted him over and over again, laughing all the while and asking if I was watching, forcing my face in his direction. I lay on the floor violated, but my pain and trauma was far from over they took my littlest one next, and the stranger branded her with the letter of his name, on her beautiful face. Yet still she lay non reactive on the floor this angered them further they wanted her to cry, scream and beg, she did nothing but lay staring at me. I could do nothing to save my baby, but I screamed for her. One of the men grew weary of me and hit me with a glancing blow across my cheek, stunning me silent for a moment, he had broken my jaw. When they took my elder she screamed for me, screamed for me to help her. As long as I shall live, I will see the dying faces of my family and the voice of my daughter, cracking as she begged for my help, before begging for death.

Then they came back for me, I remember little of this time, I am certain my body simply tried to give up. But the stranger wasn't ready to let me die and be with my family, so he cursed me, for his own amusement. To become one of the things he knew I hated, I believe the irony amused him. They knew I was more than ready for death, and so they refused to give it to me, enjoying prolonging my agony. Lying on the floor I vowed that I would have my day, revenge would not be swift, but long painful and drawn out as it had been for me.



© 2009 RosalieAllen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... this was brutally disturbing. The imagery was haunting. Very well done. I don't know if you were concerned about grammatical errors, and the such, so I won't comment on those, just say that you may want to go back through and edit a bit; other than that, this was a very well done piece of work. Very vivid and something that I would love to read more of.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 16, 2009