chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by rose

Chapter 1

   If my life was a movie or novel I would probably be described as the sinister sort, the bad person that tries to come between the two main characters so she can have the guy. No one wants to think about my suffering or pain because and I quote “am the evil one… the bad guy” I mean am human too you know and you can’t just decide who gets to be loved or not. Okay fine I will admit to have been a serious sinister witch which thinking about it now really upsets me but I was desperate.

     My life was going on perfectly and then some 7months pregnant chick comes into the picture professing to be my boyfriends fiancée and suddenly she’s the victim. I get cursed at for trying to keep what’s mine but she gets praised and supported for stealing my man, even my best friends abandoned me for her… the witch!. Taking a deep breathe I try to not think about the ugly past anymore, with no other choice I left New York for L.a since my name as been tarnished after the blow-out at her wedding which was also not my fault but would anyone believe me… no, because am the bad guy.

      I would have started this story from the beginning but am not in the mood to remember past events so let’s start from now, the present. Am currently on a plane to L.a tired, heartbroken, stressed and 4months pregnant, after leaving my job as a model I decided to move away from my past back to my parents house which they left in my care when they died a year ago.

   “please fasten your seat belts ladies and gentlemen, we are about to land safely in l.a. thank you flying with Royal Airways and have a nice day.” the pilots broadcast interrupted my thoughts and I signed sitting up, buckling my seat belt I looked out the window down to the glittering lights of l.a and smiled at my new beginning.

Welcome home Eva, i mumbled to myself.

   With my luggage I maneuvered around the airport looking for my black-haired cousin who is supposed to be picking me up, the last time we talked was a few months ago when she begged to live over at my parents place after leaving her own painful past in Boston. Though we never really talked much growing up, we’re pretty much the only family we have left since her own parents passed 3 years ago, so when she asked desperately over the phone if she could stay there I couldn’t turn her down. We talked on many occasions though I wouldn’t go forward as to call us close, from what she told me she’s living her dream with a steady job as a freelance photographer for fashion magazines and she’s doing pretty well for herself now.

“Eva, Eva over here.” a voice called and I turned to see a woman who looked nothing like the tomboy cousin I used to know, the hairy legs were replaced with smooth skin and long legs, huge grandma glasses gone also, the flat chest was replaced by double D’s and the pimples and acne’s with clear skin. She still has her long black hair that reached her back and the same green eyes, dimpled cheek and full lips we inherited from our twin dad’s.

  Walking over I noticed am not the only one noticing or appreciating her body, several men stopped to glance over and some plainly stared as she bounced in her feet waving me over “what the hell happened to you’re body?” I asked by way of greeting and she smirked saucily giving me a wink.

   “just a couple of changes here and there, some naturally,” she said pointing to her b***s “others through serious efforts... you like?” she asked strutting a pose and I chuckled.

     “who are you and what have you done with jen?” I asked pulling her into a hug.

  She pulled back shrugging “I decided the old jen had to go, but wait a minute sweetie are you really 4months pregnant because that bump looks big.”

   “I am, I read it online that for most people this is normal so don’t worry.” I said with a wave of my hand, she nodded skeptically but didn’t say anything.

      “dose this have to do with Boston?” I asked as we made our way out of the airport, she helped put my suitcase in the back seat while I entered the passenger’s side waiting for her.

   She entered the drivers side and started the car sending me a knowing look “don’t open other’s can of worms when you’re not ready to even show me yours.” she stated and I made a zipping motion with my hand over my lips, telling her I got the message.

   We drove in silence all the way home and I couldn’t be more relieved when she drove into the drive way, getting out I studied the small mansion I lived in growing up and smiled fondly having happy memories assault me.

     Breathing in the night air I signed knowing I made the right decision, Jen dropped my suitcase by my legs jolting me from my thoughts and I turned startled “welcome home.” she said shoving her hands into the pockets of her jacket then turned to stare at me with a smile and I smiled back in return before noticing the lights turned on in the upper window of our neighbours house above her head.

      From what mum told me, the house had been abandon for 5 years when the pickets moved to London to stay with their daughter and her family “are the pickets back?” I asked jen in surprise as we made our way inside the house, she turned on the light switch and the house came to life.

I looked around having a flashback of all my days here, the spiral staircase leading upstairs, the slide doors beneath it leading to mums garden, the outside pool and backyard then turned to the living room. Leaving my luggage by the hall I got down the small steps and smiled staring at the huge glass chandler I used to dangle from as a kid until mum screamed for me to get down, the Persian rug under the glass table still having the chocolate stain I made. I laughed remembering when my mother walked in on me having chocolate covered hands and mouth looking down at the rug with a guilty look, she almost had an heart attack when she saw it. My dad had been coming from the backyard but one look at the two of us he went right back out - the traitor.

The smooth marble floors still shined and I knew mum would have been pleased - she never liked a dirty house and hated it even more when I used to leave my room in an utter mess as a teenager, I signed looking u at the wooden roof and walls giving it the cable like decor and the mass of family photos arranged all around the walls above the entertainment center. The white leather couch was one of the few things that didn’t meet with destruction from my hands - snickering mum made sure of that I though then looked at the two arm chairs facing opposite each other with a bean bag pushed to the side.

  Turning I looked at the kitchen to the left and watched as jen stood on her toes rummaging the cupboards remembering how mum used to do the same thing, then noted with some surprise that mum got the old fashioned oven she always wanted. Thinking back i remember her calling to squeal about it but I never gave her the chance to finish because I had been so busy that day with a photoshoot and had been so exhausted later on to call her back, I sat on the steps remembering how I loved to watch football games with my dad even though I knew next to nothing of what was happening but did it because it made him happy.  

  After he had to give up his job as a navy seal early because of a busted shoulder he never smiled as much so I took it upon my self to make his day. Thankfully he got in contact with an old friend and they built a security company together so in some ways he still got to do what he loves to do  despite mums anxiousness, when he had busted his shoulder she had guiltily been over the moon to have him home and safe by her side.

There was a lot of tension between her uncle Kent for 5 years but over time she’d come to accept that dad was happy doing was he does and finally stopped grumbling about it, smiling I rested my hands on my knees then rested my chin on top remembering how she used to drag me to her book clubs or when she forced me to bake with her. Even though I always had a scowl at those times, secretly, it made me happy she included me into her life and I would be lying if I said I never had fun.

     “I don’t know much about them,” jen answered breaking me from my thoughts “but I heard its their grandson living there now. Since I’ve never met him before I don’t know anymore than that, why?” she asked turning to face me but I just shook my head.

  “I was just wondering its all, well am tired so am going to bed.” I said heading up the stairs.

“good night.” she called out and I yelled “night.” back before entering my room.

  I chuckled when I saw the room was still the way I left it after high school, pink littered everywhere and I smiled dropping my luggage in the walk-in closet then went to sit on the bed picking up my favourite teddy bear Mr. Jerkins. Thinking about it now I wished I had put more effort in coming back home - even if it was to visit so that way I had some time with my parents before they’d died tragically in the car accident, being a model kept me super busy so I never had time to come over and when I started dating Kevin coming home was the last thing on my mind.

Even though I talked to them daily on the phone and they visited New York sometimes I never made it home even when I promised I would. A tear fell down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away shaking off the bad memories, standing I removed my clothes and dropped my cell on the night stand making sure to charge it then took a quick shower before unpacking my bags.

 Changing into my pajamas i went to sleep hugging Mr. Jenkins close to my chest desperately.



© 2017 rose


Author's Note

rose
please don't be shy and post your comments and reviews. thank you all for giving BID a chance and i hope you enjoy the journey.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

thank you Theodore, i really appreciate the comment.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I've never seen your style of writting before and I really like how you've told the story so far. I can't wait to see what happens next

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2017
Last Updated on December 14, 2017
Tags: romance, contemporary, cheating, love, blessing, disguise, second chances, faith.


Author

rose
rose

ogun state, makogi, Nigeria



About
an introvert who is a little bit naive and slow in most cases but also perceptive and trusts people too easily. am also fun but a dose of dry humor mixed in but most of all i love writing and novel..... more..

Writing