I'm okay

I'm okay

A Story by RoseIsNotOkay
"

Max has a horrible life, but when David comes into his life, everything changes. He slowly starts to fall in love

"
Max was lying in his bed, it was late. He almost couldn’t wait to get to the group counseling tomorrow. He would see his boyfriend, Jhon. He heard alarms going off, and thought about what was going on this time. There could be someone who jumped off of the roof again, there could be a killing, or there could just be a glitch in the system.

Max just brushed it off and looked outside of his small window to see Jhon lying face down, blood slowly pooling around him. He looked at the unmistakeable curly brown hair, then the shoes that only he had. He didn’t know when the first tear came, but he found himself sobbing in the corner of his room.

He cried all night, somehow never running out of tears. He passed out in the corner, soon after deciding what he would do. He couldn’t keep himself up any longer, and he fell asleep in the corner, his shirt still wet. He surprisingly had a good dream, he was just sitting in his old bed talking to someone about his problems.

He was woken up harshly by a doctor he had never seen pulling him up. He looked at the doctor and slugged along as he was pulled into a room he had never been in before. There were two cops, and another doctor with what I assume is a sedative behind his back.

“Now, Maxwell Campbell, last night Jhon Ark jumped off of the building. We know that you two were close, so we have to assume, to be safe, that you may have been a part of this arrangement. Noticing the dent in the wall and dried blood on your fist, we don’t know what to do.”

Max looked at the men, did they really think that he had told Jhon to kill himself? That was insane. He looked at his fist, bruising and blood. Did he punch the wall? Before he could say anything, he felt the needle go into his neck and the liquid draining into his bloodstream.

He passed out in the chair. He woke up in an unfamiliar place, there were people all around him. Some doctors, others seemed to be in normal outfits. He felt as if he was going to throw up. His hands were tied behind his back, and he was in no position to refuse.

A cop, who seemed to be the top man, walked in and shooed the other people away. Max looked at his badge, but it hurt his head to move. He hadn’t said a word to the man, and the man didn’t seem to want to say anything to him.

Max noticed he was in different clothes, and it made him blush for some reason. He had a feeling that the cop had been the one to put him into the clothes, and the thought made him shiver. “Hello Max. My name is David Alegría. I’m here to talk to you about a recent death, but I won’t push you on details,” Max wasn’t listening, his head hurt too much to hear.

He looked over the tall man, he had to be at least 6’2. He had auburn hair, and green eyes. He dots of freckles on his nose, and his air was in a tuft. It looked soft. Max felt small, but safe. He blushed at the thought, David was probably straight, and he had no chance. Max was only 22, and the man looked to be about the same age.

David undid Max’s binds and showed him to the bathroom and around the place. He told him to be wary, there were cameras everywhere. Max nodded and kept himself calm, he knew that it was wrong to be so attracted to someone after his boyfriend’s death. He took a deep breath and decided not to talk or think of Jhon until he absolutely needed to. He wasn’t in love, but he loved him. The thought made him feel small and weak, why did the idiot have to kill himself? He didn’t know why he was so mad, he himself had tried several times.

He thought of the blood on the ground, what did it feel like to die? He had thought about this so many times, did it hurt? Would he go to heaven or hell? Would he want Jhon to see him, no. He thought about how disappointed his boyfriend would be at him for even thinking what he was thinking. He didn’t realize that he was staring at David the whole time until there was a snap of fingers.

“I know that you’ve been through a lot, but I’m starving. Join me for lunch?” Max was asked, and he shrugged. He didn’t know why a cop was asking him if he was hungry since he was suspect of a suicide case. He stood up and followed the cop, and they walked out of the room and into what seemed to be a police station.

Max got into a car with David and tried to keep quiet. The other male, of course, tried to make happy conversation. He tried to be nice, but he eventually just gained a jaded attitude, and just started giving short answers.

David soon pulled into a small pizza place. Max got out and walked in with Daid. The two walked into the place, and Max sat down. Daid walked away and got both of them a soda and a personal pizza. Max was at the table alone, and he started to think about what had happened. His boyfriend had jumped off of the building, and he was the one being blamed.

Max started to scribble on a napkin, and kept thinking about how it was stupid. It wasn’t fair that he was being blamed for Jhon’s death. Jhon was suicidal and everyone knew it. He didn’t know why it was traced back to him.

David walked back with two pizzas and a soda for each, somehow. Max looked at his pizza, it was an odd choice. There was pasta and cheese on the pizza, and he looked at David who smiled widely. He took a bite and David started to ask what seemed like random questions.

Soon the lunch was over and Max hadn’t given enough information for David to pin anything on him. He took Max to a hotel and he was told what room to go into to and He spent the night there. The morning after, David brought Max to breakfast, where the two started to talk about random things. Then it started to get serious.

“So, you and Jhon Ark were...close?” David asked, which made Max stop.

“He was my boyfriend, so I would think so…” Max said, he didn’t want to talk to the cop about the subject that put a lump in his throat. He took a drink of the orange juice that was given to him that morning.

David tried once more “You need to tell me if you told him to kill himself. Did you ever? During a fight?” He asked with a small frown, he didn’t want to pry, but it was his job. Max started cursing David, saying everything rude he could think of.

David apologised and got Max calmed down, he had what he needed, Max was innocent. He started conversation back up, and the rest of breakfast was lovely. The two just talked about small nothings, and it was nice.

David let Max go up to his room and went to the station, where he was asked if he had what was needed, and he told everyone that Maxwell hadn’t said anything on the matter. He knew he was trustworthy, so he could get away with it for a week.

The next day, David took ax to a place a little more expensive. Max was a little confused in the sudden change of tone, since David was doing the talking more now and the questions were no longer about the hospital.

The two walked back to the black car and David let Max in the front seat. Max and David talked during the usually silent drive. They were both feeling closer than before.

The next day Max was given a new outfit. It was just a yellow t-shirt, jeans, and a blue hoodie. Max noticed that the hoodie was softer and more comfortable than most of the ones he had in the past. He noticed a price tag of two hundred dollars and his jaw dropped.

David showed up as usual and took Max to ice cream. Max and David had been talking about themselves for over an hour, without either touching the sweet cold treat. At the door there was a moment that both of them felt, and David grabbed Max’s hand.

Max blushed, but he didn’t pull away like he would have a few days ago. His mind screamed at him that it was wrong to be doing this, just days after. But his still beating heart told him that he would be happy if he listened it it.

The hand holding lead to kissing, which lead to love. It wouldn’t last long, because as soon as David confirmed that Max wasn’t at fault the two would never see eachother again as long as Max was in the hospital, but Max knew that he could sign himself out.

It was hard, being pulled back into a van and being brought back to the hospital where he once thought he was okay. It took hours to sign himself out, and interviews to make sure he was leaving just because he knew he was okay.

The first real date wouldn’t come for another two months, but it was better than anything. Max was finally living in an apartment and he had an okay job. He was washing dishes when his phone rang. He picked up to hear David inviting him to Dinner.

The dinner was amazing, and it ended in David’s house. They kissed, and Max spent the night. They were in love, and Max was finally okay.

© 2017 RoseIsNotOkay


Author's Note

RoseIsNotOkay
This was for a school project, but I'm proud of it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on June 12, 2017
Last Updated on June 12, 2017

Author

RoseIsNotOkay
RoseIsNotOkay

Dallas, TX



About
I've been through a lot, and I work what's happened into my stories. more..

Writing