Beginning

Beginning

A Chapter by Rosie Marble

The Great Island

Many and many years ago, there was a big island. Because that island is so big, the people from the main land called that 'the father of all islands'.

Not only that island was big, it was gifted with all types of terrain; Sky high mountains tipped with white snow, dark green forest so deep even sunlight couldn't penetrate, Rivers big and small flowing all over the island like veins flow through the body, big wide grasslands so vast as if reaching the horizon, wide and long beaches filled with silver white sand and in some parts, tall rocky cliffs stood in their full glory. In another word, it was the most fascinating and beautiful island.

But in such magnificent island, very few people lived. It was very strange where there was everything for people to prosper, rich supply of water and vast lands for farming. Because the soil of the island itself was as mysterious as the island.

The soil of the Island was useless for farming. It was in excellent condition only in spring and became so bad in other times of year that there's a story of the devil itself was cursing the soil. And it became fertile again in the next spring. No one knows why such a phenomenon existed. Many people tried to repair the bad soil but to no avail. It is natural that people don't live in where farming is impossible.

The only residents of the island were prisoners, the exileds and the guards to control them, the miners, missionaries, researchers and the hermits. Most of these people, although living on the island, were unable to understand the mystery and those who were interested in finding out, gave up long long ago. And the Island as mysterious as ever was waiting for its one True Ruler.


© 2014 Rosie Marble


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on June 19, 2014
Last Updated on June 19, 2014


Author

Rosie Marble
Rosie Marble

Yangon, Yangon



About
Hello My name is Rosie and I love writing very much. My love for writing originates from my love of reading. And the imagination. The imaginatory worlds are my favourite and I think of them all th.. more..

Writing