come haunt the streets

come haunt the streets

A Chapter by Rose

I awoke my back pressed against concrete and gazed at the trees above my body. I rolled to one side and slowly pushed myself up on my knees, a dull ache vibrated through my skull. My surroundings were unfamiliar, the streets and letterboxes brought no memories to mind. 
Panic, fear & confusion began to consume me, why did I feel so dirty and untamed? What was this stained white cloth covering my starved body? Who was I out here?
I began to walk and walk in a state of nervousness until I came to a hill. As I walked uphill the pain of my bare feet pushing against the concrete became too much and I started to slip with each step. I felt deep down this was the wrong way to wherever I was heading, a woman was walking up the hill on the opposite side of the road and stared at me as I struggled to push upwards. She knew I was going the wrong way too. 
I turned around and glided downhill like an entity haunting the streets with all her misery. I came to the highway, cars sped past, the wind tousling my hair, where was I?
A car pulled up in front me, the passenger seat door opened towards me and a voice calls out "Get in". I see myself through their eyes a rabid animal, confusion and fear wrote all over her face, tyre marks all over a white dress and purple bruises decorating dirty skin. I slide into the passenger seat leather touching my skin. 
"Nobody has seen you for over seven months" 
And of course I want to know where I am, but someone who isn't there answers. I can't remember anything before waking up on that street, no memories or recollection of the being I was before. How I came to be. 
I look outside the car's window, the world is collapsing on its self, not structured or sane. He talks but I don't listen, who would be able to hear over the sound of my world collapsing? 


© 2018 Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on May 27, 2018
Last Updated on May 27, 2018
Tags: dream journal, lucid, series, entries, capturing memories, writing, vividity


Author

Rose
Rose

Australia



About
Rose, 21. more..

Writing
a comebacck a comebacck

A Poem by Rose