Child of Clay

Child of Clay

A Poem by Ross Saunders

They tell me the Gods gave you breath, Child of Clay. They sparked life into the shape crafted by the Queen Hippolyta. You were the lost child from another life, brought about to restore peace. Even you question the wonder of yourself.


You grew up alone on Themyscira, Princess. You were the only child to be seen here, a cause of questioned wonderment. They looked down on you and feared you. Though they saw your raw and untapped potential, their fears limited them to dark nightmares of the past. In there own way, their fears shaped your determination and spirit, giving you resiliency against prejudice.


Do you remember your sister? Troia was your twin, a reflection of you given life so you would not be a lonely child. She was lost to suffer in your name, a reminder of what happens when you are not vigilant. You might find her eventually, but it could take awhile. And so you will learn to be wary and cautious.


You left that island, Child of Clay. You walk in this world now, in the world your people wanted to forget. Your lasso reveals the truths that your bracelets cannot deflect and your transparent vessel cannot take you away from. This world is much as you began, a roughly molded shape that needs refinement. And a spark to awake them. That is the wonder you bring.

© 2011 Ross Saunders


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow! This is sensational...carried through with beauty and real depths! Prose at its best here! Enjoyed this a lot love, there is much within this! xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 7, 2011
Last Updated on September 7, 2011

Author

Ross Saunders
Ross Saunders

Bristol, VT



About
Name's Saunders. Ross Saunders. Though evidence has led many to question my existence, the vast majority has reached conclusion that I am in fact "real" and possibly a corrupting influence. Spendin.. more..

Writing