0

0

A Chapter by Harmony
"

While on a routine hunt, Rosaline is confronted by her brother.

"

~0~


A heavy stench of boiled skin and burnt hair drifted through the dusty, unkempt halls and rooms. Shrill shrieks, and grunts followed the smell, raising the hair on the back of any mans neck. Rosaline brushed the noise, and stench away, her heavy boot pounding against the thin hard wood floors as she strode forward. A woman, her hair a mess, and eyes wide with fear, struggled to keep up with Rosalines pace as she spoke quickly.

“I-Its in the parlor. Dear Lord,” she whispered, touching the cross strung around her neck “I've never seen something more vial. What is it?” Rosaline turned a corner, her eyes locking on the door to the parlor.

“A Demon. Now please,” she turned to the woman. “Stay here, do not open this door until I say other wise.” The woman nodded, watching as Rosaline swiftly opened the door, and entered. The woman stood her ground, listening for something: a pin drop, window to break, the creak of a floor board. But there was�"nothing. The air was light, as opposed to the dark, humid, bone crushing air that had held the home captive for so long. For a second, their was a moment of peace, and he woman closed her eyes to savor the moment, pleasantly unaware of the creature behind her.


Rosaline took careful measure as she inspected the room. The closets were full of only useless junk, the dark corners of the room held nothing but cobwebs and spiders, and under the couch she only found dust. She glanced about, biting the inside of her cheek; wondering just where it had run off to. She had sensed it so clearly down the hall, hell down the street. But now as she searched, she found nothing. The thick, and heavy atmosphere was replaced with a sense of security, and safety. Rosaline made her way back towards the door just as a terrified scream broke the peace.

“Damn it.” She cursed under her breath, breaking out into a run to the door. Something slammed into her, knocking her back into the opposite wall. She groaned, getting to her feet. Something hissed in her ear, a language she hadn’t heard in years.

“Just what are you doing here, Rosaline?” she narrowed her eyes.

“Killing you monsters.” The voice laughed as another scream ripped through the womans throat out side. Rosaline struggled as a form began to form, matching along with the voice in her ear. Bones appeared, then tendons and veins wrapped around those, next muscle molded to that, and over that skin. Long raven locks grew out to shoulder length, as red eyes filled in the empty sockets of the skull. “Demetrius” Rosaline spat, “I should have known.” The demon let out a toothy grin, broken and tattered wings morphing from his back.

“Hello, Rose. How long has it been since father got rid of you?” Rosaline struggled against Demetrius grip, hissing at him. He only chuckled “Look at you now, killing your own kind.”

“I am nothing like you!”

“On the contrary.” he mused, giving her a glance over. “You are exactly like us. Betraying your own kind for your selfish needs, not to mention the wings you so graciously hide, along with your eyes, and these.” his boney finger tapped one of the small numbs on her forehead. “Well, you don’t have a choice but to be on of us.”

“Screw you Demetrius, if Father hadnt been so ridiculous Mother would have never-” Demetrius growled, gripping her neck and slamming her down onto the wooden floors.

“Mother!” he yelled “Has nothing to do with this. We are fallen because she dose not want to be seen as a Hypocrite ! That woman is a w***e, and that's all she's good for!”

“Shut your mouth!” Rosaline struck out, her clawed fingers swiping across his cheek. Demetrius head snapped to the side as blood feel from the gashes on his cheeks. “Mother is no such thing! Speak ill of her again and I'll burn you alive!” he only laughed, looking back at her.

“Good luck, Rosaline, your going to need it.” another scream broke the silence. “Oh dear,” Demetrius looked towards the door and chuckled. “I think my hell hounds are hungry. Well, till later, sister.” and with that, the demon vanished.



© 2011 Harmony


Author's Note

Harmony
i skimmed over this, so not all issues are dealt with.
I'll fix them soon enough

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 26, 2011
Last Updated on August 26, 2011


Author

Harmony
Harmony

Norwich , CT



About
Hey everyone I'm Harmony. I'm fifteen, and obviously i write. Hope you enjoy my work, and I'm here if you want to chat. -Old account, romaxnana101- I write likeVladimir N.. more..

Writing