Old Nightmare

Old Nightmare

A Chapter by Rroy
"

Introduction of the protagonist

"
“anyway the batsman there has gone through consecutive eleven ducks and still his team put him upward and now he is on 48 in 36, & 28 is needed on 6 for the Cup BR 2016, although he is the last hope they have”
“you sure, do they hope? Or they just gonna lieee..  …..  & maximum on the first ball, now 22 needed on 5 & the death stare…...... ”

I jolted awake, my breaths quick and shallow, the leftover of a horrifying dream fresh in my mind. My heart raced as I wrestled with the lingering terror from that twisted nightmare. Desperate for relief, I reached for the bedside lamp, filling the room with its warm glow, and gasped the bottle but couldn’t drink. 

It's the 27th of October, 2023, I’m now a teacher at The Palladian-House assigned to English Language & Literature, the tag I never wished for my deathbearer even!

A long holiday of four days ends here, Susmita is on the phone, and a few dead crispy lovely hated arguments abided by love & care still need to get paid off. She is crying over the distance we have, I am bothered by something more important, my job. I have eight regular classes today, and three evening classes, I have to fix up the syllabus dilemma & must submit the half-yearly question papers by Oct 30th. 
“I also teach in school, I slept for just four hours last night, and still I get time for you. 
But you didn’t get the time to….”
“ Yes, I didn’t.” 
………  ………..  …
………..  …
“I always love you, but now I have to leave.
Love you, bye.”
“Nah! Not right now… ”

That’s how my life goes on.


© 2023 Rroy


Author's Note

Rroy
Criticize it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The & is distracting to me i think its just the format on here but i would just wright and. I do love the idea of fallowing a teacher can not wait to see more.

Posted 3 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 26, 2023
Last Updated on October 26, 2023
Tags: love story, dream, young adult fiction, fiction, fantasy, Realism


Author

Rroy
Rroy

Writing