The Strange Kitsune

The Strange Kitsune

A Chapter by Russian English

The beautiful Hoshi Fujioka stood in front of Hibiki, a classmate. Hibiki was Hoshi’s classmate for about two days but he already decided for himself, I love Hoshi.

Sadly for him, Hoshi was showing a face of agonizing grief.

He thought to himself IMPOSSIBLE!!! For the Hoshi that I adore… to make such a face…

Hibiki was prepared for the worst… or so he thought.

Fujioka’s short hair that was draped over the face in three long strands was not enough to cover Fujioka’s eyes that were tearing up and looked on the verge of crying.

Hibiki was starting to feel like a criminal for some reason…

Hoshi’s already trembling lips started mumbling something too quiet too hear…

“...how……..mistake….”

Hibiki began to look confused.

“There is no mistake, Hibiki you are the girl I love and…”

Before anything more could be said Hoshi yelled out as loud as possible:

“HOW COULD YOU MISTAKE ME FOR A GIRL?! LOOK AT MY UNIFORM!!!”

“Ehhh…? You’re a boy… but your name…”

“IT’S NOT MY FAULT!!!!”

The loud and eye catching scene that happened in the middle of the classroom was only interrupted by the final bell marking the end of classes for the day.

The only one to leave… was the beautiful boy Hoshi.



As Hoshi was preparing to leave, he heard the voice of his best friend, Masaru Sato, behind him

“Haha! This is the third time since the beginning of the school year that you were mistaken for a girl!”

As Masaru was laughing Hoshi’s face darkened.

“It’s a serious problem! You’re lucky to have a manly name.”

“The name isn’t the only thing that contributed to your ‘man harem’”

“SHADDUP!!!”

“Don’t get so worked up Fuji-chan.”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT!!!”

That was how their conversations had sounded for the last two days, since the schools opening ceremony.

Despite the teasing Masaru was still Hoshi’s friend that supported him in everything.

And despite not wanting to, Hoshi knew that he looked girly, the complete opposite of Masaru.


As the beautiful Hoshi and manly Masaru were going home (they’re neighbors) Hoshi noticed a girl sitting on one of the benches in the park that they passed through.

“I’ll be right there you go on ahead..”

Hoshi mentioned to Masaru who grunted in agreement and didn’t seem to notice the girl.

As Hoshi got closer he wondered why he decided to do so…

“I’ve been waiting for you, Hoshi!”

The girl exclaimed before Hoshi could finish thinking.

How does she know my name? Wait is that a…

Hoshi couldn’t believe his eyes. The girl had a Tail! Was she cosplaying? He glanced higher and just as he thought saw a pair of fox ears jutting out of her head.

“You seem to be confused…”

She spoke the truth

“Well, to explain, the gods were having a celebration and decided to have a lottery with the names of ALL the people in the world in it… and you were the lucky winner!”

Hoshi ended up have more questions than before.

Gods? Celebration? LOTTERY?

“I can see you’re confused, let big sis kitsune handle this for you.”

Big sis? I’m a 17 year old boy and she looks at LEAST 3 years younger…

The fox girl continued…

“You see, the gods celebrate the anniversary of the world every 100 years and have a sort of lottery. The one chosen gets one wish fulfilled! Neat isn’t it? So! What will you wish for?”

Hoshi didn’t even need to think twice.

His wish was only one…

“I want people to stop wrongly mistaking me for a girl!”



“Are you serious?!”

Raijin was looking at the kitsune in bewilderment.

“He wanted people to stop being wrong about his gender?!”

He burst into a fit of laughter, wiped away a tear, and said...

“Ahh humans, so weak! Even with all the power in the universe, you are still weak!

“Let him have his wish”

FUWAAAAAAAaaa…

As Hoshi Fujioka opened his eyes in the morning he was full of hope.

That kitsune girl, she was real right?

He jumped straight out of bed and speed-walked to the restroom.

He saw his uniform on the wall and joyously thought to himself.

It might already be to small on me.

As he closed the restroom door behind him, he looked at the reflection in the mirror.

The change! Oh the change! It was unexplainable!

Because it was nonexistent.

Weird… I was so sure of it…

He sure felt differently though.

As if he was missing something and, soon he came to the realization that he was missing something. Something that is crucial for being a man. The horror that dawned upon him was the greatest he ever felt.

I’m a girl…


Hoshi Fujioka refused to believe what sh- ahem what he saw. He was still a respectable young man! He wouldn’t allow this enigma to weaken his resolve.

All I have to do is pretend like nothing happened and everything will return to normal!

He kept rejecting this as a permanent problem and treated it as a “temporary rare disease of some kind” as he was putting on his male school uniform.

Today he was later than usual. This was due to obvious reasons so Masaru went on ahead.

As he ran through the park he saw her again.

It’s the kitsune girl!!! She’s the one at fault!!!

He ran up to her, who was sitting on the same bench.

“What did you do to me!?” he yelled.

No answer….

“Hey you!”

“Hey-”

“Okay! I get it! Quit yelling!!!!”

The loud response left Hoshi a bit shaken.

“Sorry, Raijin misunderstood what I had told him….that old geezer…..”

“Can you change me back?”

“Well you only had one wish, sorry… BUT! You still have a one in 8 billion chance of getting another one in a hundred years!”

“.... I’ll be dead then…..”

“Jeeeeez, mortals are so…..mortal! … sigh… I’ll try to get you out of this mess. Try to ‘survive’ in this body while I go have a talk with the gods…”

At hearing he had a chance, Hoshi jumped up and down with excitement. He was unaware of how girly that made him look.

“Don’t get too happy yet.” the Kitsune mumbled. “Raijin is a busy deity. This will most likely last until the end of the year.”

For a few minutes Hoshi stood there frozen in the middle of jumping…

The park was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

But, in Hoshi’s head, a million exclamations were spinning. The most common being

What?

To be continued




© 2018 Russian English


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on April 3, 2018
Last Updated on April 3, 2018


Author

Russian English
Russian English

Coweta, OK



About
Very new to writing. I am Russian, was born in Russia, and speak Russian fluently, for it is my first language. But contrary to what most might believe, I am very fluent in English as well most likely.. more..

Writing