The Prophecy of Obliteration

The Prophecy of Obliteration

A Chapter by Mr. E

                                                                                 The Prophecy of Obliteration

      The basic understanding of the darkness is cold and solitary. Unlike the myths, stories and tales, it is not evil nor wishes harm to anyone; it remains there in silence, just like its distinct twin. In a similar state of presence of both supernatural entities there was a young knight, lying face down in the darkness of a cold hole, where the light of the cloudy sky illuminated. The sound of the wind could be heard aggressively passing by the surface of the pit, making a whistling sound. The knight awakens, groaning and shivering. Slowly moving, realizing he was not in the warm chambers back at Bastharam; he was dreaming about the delicious tender boar meat, the drinks and the repetitive songs of the Gotherians, but he awoken in disappointment. The steel armour he wore had ice caps in the back, since he fell facing down " the only missing piece of his armour was his helm, and the design of it was head of the Red Knights; the face of a ram with massive horns. He stood up while crossing his arms trying to warm himself from the harsh weather; also his chest was in aching pain and had a headache. He saw that his body marked the snow that had fallen, he kneeled and moved the snow out of the way while looking for any leaves dry enough to make fire. Found a few but not enough, he looked at the walls of the cave for dry roots, but all was frozen. He moved a bit towards the darkness of the cave, putting all the leaves in a dry and much less snowy soil. He went for his knife, then realized the holster was empty and went to search for sharp rocks; he had encountered while looking for leaves, he went back to pick them up and try to spark them to make fire.

      After several times of trying, he reached to a point the rocks broke. The knight became frustrated; he aggressively threw the broken rocks towards the snow, but then he remembered the basic survival magic techniques his master taught him when he was a squire. He placed his hands over the leaves, and whispered the word “igni”. There came a spark and lit up the leaves, however they were not the only ones. Upon the walls of the blackness of the cave there were sparks and continuously down into the dark. He stood up quickly in suspicion of any magician nearby; he was not equipped to fight against a magic-user. It was a long stretched hallway, the fire continuously kept lighting on. The surface was smooth and dusty. He stopped shivering, due to the sudden increase of warmth in the hall and, cautiously, he started walking down the hall.

      The atmosphere of the hidden room became pleasantly inviting, yet he walked prepared for any assault. It was odd enough to find it very familiar; he had never visited it before nor had memories of the ancient place. Still, it felt like it was home. Couple of hours later, he reached the end of the hall where he encountered a smooth round table; it had a blue mat and exactly in the middle there was a floating in mid-air, a sphere in its sapphire cover with silver designs in form of wings. Besides the fire illuminating the room, there was nothing else.

      Something was drawing the knight to the sphere; the more he rejected his curiosity it grew stronger as if the hand of a ghost was slowly pulling him to it. As he came near and nearer, he could hear faint whispers coming out from it. The persistence of the sphere became overwhelming, that he uncovered it and revealed a black sphere. There was no transparency in the sphere, it was completely black.  He reached out to hold it, but instantly as his hand felt the surface of the sphere it burned him; like a heating iron, leaving out a sharp growl of pain. Seconds later the fires of the wall threw themselves to the sphere and it was ignited with ferocity, launching a fiery beam unto the wall to his right. It started to write letters on it, he recognized the letters; they were known as the Tongue of Titans. Apparently the extinct language seemed familiar to him, as if he always knew how to read it. He began reading it and the sphere spoke of the message, it did startle the young knight at first. The sphere gutturally said the following: 

“It has been foretold the one who reads from the Forgotten Sphere is certain to become the heir to the Ruptured Throne at the great and majestic fortress of Arza, in which I hath commanded. The magic gathered and governed throughout the entire castle can be controlled by the Shifting Scepter " the mighty ruling weapon, only the true king of Kronitah can take such power. The heir contains a small percentage of the bloodline of the Shikzan to be the mightiest and powerful kingdom of all. I fear our rule will end at some point, but it will not remain dead. This is Emperor Numek, the Prophet of Kronitah. These are my words.”

      This confused the young knight, but increased his curiosity ten times fold. Who was Emperor Numek? Tongue of Titans? Kronitah? Questions that came to him, and more followed. Suddenly the sphere continued writing on the wall, only with more intensity. This time the letters fired up with more light, the sphere spoke in a loud and potent voice: “Fiane esch al-Kroniteh”. The knight softly, translated: “The end of Kronitah”. More letters appeared, and the sphere kept speaking:

“This is the last day the Shikzan will rule Kronitah, the great land that protects us. It is a day where everything that we, the Shikzan, had established and transformed from nothing to greatness goes back to the dust of the land " it is my fault. I am Emperor Skron, son of Sron, the Slayer of the Chimera of Lighting, The Shield of Free Mind and Justice, and the Last of the Shikzan, and I have seen the end " I have seen the Monster of Obliteration. It will come like a black tidal wave, rushing to the shore to wipe out everything on soil that stands in its way " towns, cities, and castles will crumble and tumble down, the earth will be forced to soak in the blood of the dead, and a black fog will cover the entire world. It will cause a mass genocide to establish its rule over the entire nation of Durz-Thrim and claim it as its own, it is Kronitah one of the few who can break this mad uprising. This prophecy that I had seen it real, so real that I knew exactly the time it would be triggered. I sought to it, and I failed " it is with my very last breath I am writing this to you. It is why you are the one who shall end this " you carry a small percentage of the Shikzan bloodline. It is your hands to banish the Nix once again back to the underworld….”


© 2017 Mr. E


Author's Note

Mr. E
This is my first official story, the sole purpose is to progress and work on my writing skills and grammar. My native language is Spanish, so there may be a good amount of errors and I would greatly appreciate constructive criticism. I hope you enjoy this journey to a new world of Fantasy Fiction.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on August 25, 2016
Last Updated on January 18, 2017
Tags: #fantasy


Author

Mr. E
Mr. E

GA



About
An upcoming Fantasy writer and poet. more..

Writing