Rain Rain, Go Away

Rain Rain, Go Away

A Story by Spencer Barker

It is not very often I think of the old house. But when I do I have a story to tell.


A rainy night, the pattering of a drip from the faucets of heaven, cascading down in torrents of undesirable magnitude. To be honest, I love the rain, but this rain, I came to hate. Anyway, the waterfall outside my house was never giving up; that’s what I thought. I was splayed out on my leathery chair, the seams of the sewing slowly but surely unraveling in their last attempts of holding one more session of my reading. I laid my book down on the rickety little table near the chair to hear the rain hitting the drain and then being drowned out by its own intensity.

              

The window I faced and the window I would remember, stitched in the greater of my mind, would horrify me to this day. Pressing the book against the table, I peered out. Not being able to see much at all, I lead myself to the window to look into the night’s greatest show. Darkness had overcome the streets lights and pavement indentations, leaving only an assumption of where they might be. A face came through the window, its teeth rarer than a steak for dinner. The eyes a horrid shade of orange. The hideous face, oh what the hell was it? Being sprawled out on the floor from the shock of the visitor outside my window, I looked up again. The veins in my eyes burst from the pain of looking at it. I wasn’t sure what I was seeing, but I can assure you, the face was disgusting, a disgusting cross between a toad sewn together with a spider, both in quality and quantity, not for my benefit. It stood its own ground, never moving, but only sneering its great lips, stained in the blood of thousand-fold, for all I knew maybe ten thousand-fold. Then it was gone, just like that.

              

I woke with a start, sweat beading down from my forehead. Luckily this was just a nightmare. But then again, some nightmares come from real events. 

© 2016 Spencer Barker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on March 2, 2016
Last Updated on March 2, 2016
Tags: Horror, Terror, Nightmare, Story, Creatures, Night, Horror Story