Dragon Sage (In Development)

Dragon Sage (In Development)

A Story by Aliasxyn13
"

A brief break down of a story I've been working on and off for the last few years, a mash up of Avatar, Naruto and a bit of my own experiences.

"
Hey Readers,
I know I haven't been on in awhile or posted any new Reaper stuff. But with the impending trip to China with my martial arts school, I thought I'd take a break from Reapers and turn my attention back to something I've been working on for some time. It's called Dragon Sage and its a supposed mash up of elements from Naruto, Avatar the Last Airbender and bits I hope to experience on this trip to China (if I can go that is). Here is what it's about.

In ancient China Dragons bestowed their power of a few select humans and were called Dragon Sages. They kept the peace in China and enforced the Law mandated by Heaven and Earth. After Marco Polo returned from his journey to the west with news of the Dragons and their abilities, Europeans swarmed to China to learn how to obtain this power. Eventually war broke out which led to the slaughter of hundreds of Sages and Imperial soldiers who sided with the dragons. The wars brought famine and disease to the country and almost lead to the near extinction of the Dragons. Before the beginning of the Ming Dynasty, Emperor Huizong had all records of the dragons existence destroyed and what few dragons still lived went into hiding, protected by the monks in the mountain monasteries. The dragons continued training few monks in the ways of the Sage, but the purpose of the Sage became lost.
In modern time, Sophie Brady, nicknamed Irish Coffee, goes on a trip to China with her martial arts school as part of cultural exchange. During a visit to the mountain monastery, she is injured and ultimately learns of the Dragons. The monks and the dragon elder believe her to be a worthy candidate to become a Sage. While Sophie initially refused, as the process of becoming a sage would require her to look back on her tragic past, she returns to China to be trained and maybe even get some peace.

Much like in Avatar TLA, the process of becoming a sage is similar to mastering the Avatar State, and the sages have mastery in manipulating the elements through Martial Arts. But unlike in Avatar, Air is not considered an element in Wu Xing; the Chinese elements are Earth, Water, Fire, Wood and Metal. However some philosophies from the elements in other cultures can be used here, like in Godai (Japanese), the Void is considered an element and sometimes employed by Sages. Also, the Chakras don't have to be unlocked in order or be done quickly; it takes time to open the Chakras and stimulate the flow of energy. So for Sophie, she does manage to open a few Chakras but takes time to open the more difficult ones and requires her to face tragedies from her past to find peace of mind before they open.
And Like in Naruto, a Sage must learn about Physical, Spiritual and Natural Chi; Physical Chi is increased through exercise and training, Spiritual Chi is increased through meditation and experience, and Natural Chi comes from the environment. Natural Chi can be drawn upon to enhance the sages own chi or they can use Natural Chi to extend their abilities. And Sages power increases in two stages. First Stage in just the change of the pupil to a Dragon's eye and they have minor control over Fire, Water and Earth. Second stage is when all 7 Chakras are open and the Sages develop a slight Dragoness look around the eyes and can fully control the elements, including Wood and Metal and can even fly.
Before one can start training as a Sage, they must drink from the Dragon Well. The Pure Water from the Well is a high concentrate of energy from the dragons that it only takes a small amount to start the "Purification Process".

Now Sophie has been through a lot. Her father was soldier whom she hardly saw growing up. When she was 7, he came home for about a month before his PTS became too much and he left his pregnant wife, Sophie and her older brother Darius. He became the man of the house, taking care of everyone, including his younger twin siblings, Killian and Karrah. Darius was a big inspiration to Sophie, and when he became a cop, she took up martial arts so she could be more helpful to people.
The second tragedy came after Darius was injured during the May Day protests, when anarchists got out of control and he was paralyzed from the waist down, derailing any ambitious he had in his law enforcement careers. Darius depression became to much, even though Sophie and the family were taking care of him and he committed suicide when Sophie was 15. After that, Sophie became estranged from her mother, blaming herself and her mom for her father leaving and Darius taking his life. She only had her friends from her classes and work, while often turning to her dwarf teacher for help in dealing with her pain.
Sophie's training as a Sage helped her mend things with her mother, helped her understand why her father left, forgive her brother and herself. She became a more compassionate person, helping a dragon named Lo remember his forgotten past and stop an angry dragon, Xuan Teng, from unleashing his rage on humanity.



© 2016 Aliasxyn13


Author's Note

Aliasxyn13
I'll be coming out more with bits and pieces of the story. I'd like to know what you think of it and what I can do to improve it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on March 10, 2016
Last Updated on April 3, 2016
Tags: Dragons, Sages, Elements, Martial Arts, China

Author

Aliasxyn13
Aliasxyn13

Normandy Park, WA



About
Like to write scripts or stories as if in movie or comic book form, but they are, for the most part Fan-fiction, adding the "What if" factor to it. Love the fantasy, action and supernatural. A fan-gir.. more..

Writing