Dragon Sage Story Descripts

Dragon Sage Story Descripts

A Story by Aliasxyn13
"

Bits and details of the Dragon Sage universe, like the chakras, chi, the elements used and the Sages.

"

Since ancient times, humans and dragons shared the land and became part of Asian culture. Then during the Xia Dynasty (2070- 1600 BCE), dragons began selecting certain humans to train and manifest their abilities; to train them to become Dragon Sages. The dragons decreed that it would be the Sages duty to act as mediators, guardians or protectors of Chinese culture and the ‘Law mandated by Heaven’; in short, they made sure the Realm of China stayed in balance and in peace. This was the near the same in most other Asian Cultures.

This continued until the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368 AD) when Marco Polo returned to Europe after his travels through Asia. Word spread throughout Europe of the Dragons and Sages and soon enough, hordes of Europeans came to Asia for the Dragons power. Before long, war and death consumed China, many humans and dragons were killed, villages and cities destroyed, famine and sickness struck the injured and innocent. To end the bloodshed and destruction, the surviving dragons vanished into the mountains and eventually into myth. Only the monks and nuns who protect the entrance of the Dragons cave know of their existence. History was rewritten as all records of the dragons were destroyed by the few surviving Dragon Sages and Emperor Huizong before the beginning of the Ming Dynasty.

 

Dragon Sages: humans trained to manifest the powers of the dragon such as pyro-kinesis, aero-kinesis and hydro-kinesis, night and heat vision, increased strength, speed, agility and flexibility, enhanced senses, healing, near invulnerability, and flight. Humans also adopt physical attributes from dragons such as their eyes, claws, fangs, scales, spines on the head and spine, elongated limbs and body, at least those before Sophie.

Dragons are the purest of creatures. Humans… not so much. Firstly, dragons choose the humans to train depending if they have a strong connection to both Earth and Heaven. Secondly, before training, the chosen must drink water from the Dragon Fountain to aid in the purification process and enhance their chi. Then they must train rigorously to purify themselves physically and spiritually.

Dragons and humans get their power from Chi (Physical, Spiritual and Natural), and the seven chakras throughout the body that regulate the flow of chi. The training humans go through is to align and cleanse their chakras in order for the chi to flow through the body and provide the sages and dragons with power. They must also have a balanced amount of Physical and Spiritual Chi as well as learn how to use Natural Chi.

There are two stages of Sage during the chakra cleansing. First stage is when 4 chakras are aligned and cleared. The skin around the eyes become more dragoness (rough, scaly skin and darker color than the skin), they gain enhanced senses, strength, speed and minor pyro-kinesis and hydro-kinesis.

Second Stage is full manifestation of dragon abilities: pyro-kinesis, aero-kinesis and hydro-kinesis, inhuman strength, speed, agility and flexibility, flight, enhanced healing and near invulnerability as well with the Dragon Eyes. In Sophie’s case, she didn’t have as much of a physical transformation as the monks and nuns who trained her. Her claws and fangs were hardly noticeable, there is a lack of scales and spines and her limbs are still in proper proportion.

 

 

Chi is the physical and spiritual energy that is the life force flowing through the body. When nurtured properly, chi can be capable of extending beyond the human body to reach throughout the universe. But chi can also be degraded by adverse external forces. A sage must have balanced amounts and control over the 3 types of Chi.

Physical energy is collected in the body’s cells and can be increased through training, stimulants and exercise. Physical chi gives superior strength, durability, and enhanced healing.

Spiritual energy is derived from the mind consciousness or soul and can be increased through meditation and experience. Spiritual chi gives enhanced senses, insight and reflexes.

Natural energy is derived from the atmosphere and terrain. Natural Chi can be absorbed to enhance Physical and Spiritual Chi; for Physical Chi the range of a physical attack is extended beyond the body in something called the “Shockwave Affect”. For Spiritual Chi, Insight is enhanced to feel the terrain and everything in it, allowing one to “sense” someone presence or “foresee” and incoming attack.

Manipulating fire, air and water is an enhanced form of Natural Chi Manipulation, by extending their Physical and Spiritual Chi outwards and mixing it with Natural Chi, they can change the energy flow and manipulate it.

 

Chakra are said to be the ‘Force Centers’ or whorls of energy. The literal meaning is ‘wheel’ or ‘disk’, referring to the spinning sphere of bioenergetics activity. Each chakra has a purpose and deals with a different emotion. They are thought of as powerhouses in the way it generates and stores energy and by opening and aligning them, Chi can flow unrestricted through the body.

The Root Chakra draws and keeps the Sage rooted to the Earth while the Crown connects the Sage to Heaven and draws energy from the cosmos. The middle Chakras, Throat, Heart and Solar Plexus, connects the Sages to humanity and other living beings, including Dragons and allows Sages to connect positively to them.

 

Root (Red): The Earth Chakra of the base and rooted emotions and instincts. The Chakra which offers Potential and is blocked by Fear.

Sophie is afraid of being disconnected from her friends, losing her siblings, but her biggest fear is never having meaning or real purpose in her life.

Sacral (Orange): The Water Chakra that brings Pleasure and is blocked by Guilt:

Sophie feels guilt for blaming her mother for letting her father leave and not trying hard enough to be there for Darius. She also feels guilt for not doing enough to help Darius.

Solar Plexus (Yellow): The Fire Chakra that offers Willpower and is blocked by Shame of one’s shelf.

Sophie feels ashamed for letting herself be angry at others, becoming estranged from her mother, ashamed of living in denial of how hurt she is.

Heart (Green): The Air Chakra that brings Love and is blocked by Grief of great loss.

Sophie grieves the loss of Darius.

Throat (Blue): The Sound Chakra that gives Truth and is blocked by the Lies told to one’s Self.

Sophie tells herself her life is good and pleasant, not wanting to accept the hurt and pain of her past; lies to herself to bury to past.

Third Eye (Indigo): The Light Chakra that gives Insight and is blocked by Illusion about one’s self.

Sophie has lived under the Illusion that she is meant to live life as part of a chorus or river that will never change with or without her, that she cannot change anything; the illusion of Fate.

Crown (Purple): The Chakra of pure consciousness and thought. The Chakra is the connection to pure cosmic energy, and is blocked by Earthly Attachment.

Sophie’s Friends and Family keep her tethered to the Earth.

 

So it was originally implied that Sages would be able to control the Five Chinese Elements in Wu Xing philosophy: Earth, Water, Fire, Wood and Metal. However, feeling that would connect too closely to Avatar the Last Airbender, the elements would only be the prominent ability of dragons, which is Air, Fire and Water. However, other things can be done with these elements.

Water: Hydro-kinesis is the manipulation of water is all its forms; Solid, liquid and gas, so Sages can pull water out of the air and use it or create dense fog. They can pull water collected in the ground and from plants. However pulling water from plants or controlling living animals with through water in the bodies is considered taboo and is strictly forbidden. Sages can create giant tsunami’s, waterspouts, and whirlpools and disperse them just as quickly. Water can be used for healing, but it has to be pure water, free of contaminants.

Fire: Pyro-kinesis, the element that draws on the Sages own energy and requires great control and discipline. They can control existing fire or produce them through their fists, feet and breath, and even ignite their own bodies like a human torch. Sages can tame a wildfire by quelling roaring flames down to embers as well as ignite those embers back into an inferno. Skilled and more experienced Sages can change the color of their flames depending on how much Physical, Spiritual or Natural Chi they use to create the flames. Sophie, for example, likes to create emerald green flames due to her Irish inheritance.

-                          Lightning: The spark of electricity that can create fire. However it is not an element and is deemed near impossible to create or use, since it takes an extraordinary amount of discipline, focus and a lot of Chi to even make a spark of Lightning; controlling once it's made it is another matter entirely, as Lightning is raw energy that can deal catastrophic damage to the body. Sophie however found a different way to use Lightning without having to make her own; instead using her own energy as a conductor and then channel the lightning to where she wants it to go, as she does against Xuan Teng, by capturing Lightning in her body, holding it and then directing it to her target. She even increases the power of the lightning by drawing in and converting energy from Xuan Teng’s fire to the lightning already in her body. She recalls how much it hurt and how difficult to maintain her focus with that much raw energy surging through her body wanting to be released.

Air: Aero-kinesis, the element that allows Sages to fly, whip up tornados or produces gale force winds in a flash. Aero-kinesis is obtained once all 7 Chakras are aligned and cleared; the Chinese translation is Qi or Chi, meaning energy flow. Unlike Water and Fire, Air is considered a passive ability as it does not deal significant damage unless in great force, so Sages usually use air for crowd control or evasion.

© 2016 Aliasxyn13


Author's Note

Aliasxyn13
If you feel I missed something or you have something that could be added, feel free to post it in the comments section.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on April 3, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2016
Tags: Dragons, Sages, Elements, Martial Arts, China

Author

Aliasxyn13
Aliasxyn13

Normandy Park, WA



About
Like to write scripts or stories as if in movie or comic book form, but they are, for the most part Fan-fiction, adding the "What if" factor to it. Love the fantasy, action and supernatural. A fan-gir.. more..

Writing