essay:lit:compair contrast:moms vs beowulf

essay:lit:compair contrast:moms vs beowulf

A Story by S.E. Conway
"

in class we were required to do a compair and contrast essay to beowulf. i decided to do an essay on modern moms(my heros) ...

"

there are very few people in the history of this world we live in that i would concider as a hero. the fact that there are many people who can do extrordinary things, and there are the people who make doing extrordinary things their daily moto, without trying to be a hero, but to do things because they need to be done. beowulf for example, he became king because they needed a ruler in galele, he desrroid the monster grendel because it was needed to be done, and then protected the city withhis strenth from the monsters mother, as well as took care of the people he worked and lived with. mothers are one of those people that find out something, and then it is liek there is a switch that comes on that says "i have to do this", and they do, with flying colors. thier proud accomplishments going almost under the raidar, the colors of thier triumphs louder than the brightest cape. the differences span vastly on this subject.

 

beowulf:

beowulf was in a family blood line of people in the military as heros, all who were known for thier deeds and accomplishments of their time. although he was cocky and thoguth that we was genetically made to be better than everyone else, he was a good leader, and most of the people learned to respect him, because they needed to because it not only ment protection, but it ment certainty in the ways of what would come via thier culture.

super moms:everything from it being passed down genetically, to the fact of how they grew up is very similar to how a hero is brought up, to grow up to be amazing in _______. moms, for instance, have the powers to tell when something is wrong, a lie, or if theyare about to hear something wierd/a lie. they have extra sensory nerves to tell them when thier child is sick in thier bed at the other end of the hall, and they need to take them to the hosbital without even hearing them cry.  people respect super moms because of what they contribute to the comunity, thier family, and to the following generation. also, moms are part of the circle of jobs, personality, growth, and development. they help children figure things out to become better individuals as they grow older.

 

beowulf: he was cocky, and arrogant, and thought he was better than everyone, well, because he was him. he olny cared for his joys and comforts, and not really any of others. his wife for instance, rarely ever saw him in bed, because he was always in his servants bed chasmber.

super moms: although there are the ocasional untra-hot mom that could pass as a hooters girl/ stripper... asnd then there are the ones who are the every day beautiful, and modest ones. both are extrordinary(even for the extreeme variation in profession) but they are more modest, and caring, and concerning of others.

 

although they both have their ups and down, moms have mood swings, and they tend to be a little overconcerning at times, and beowulf was a jackass with a large sword, i guess it tallies up to be that moms are the over all choice.

© 2008 S.E. Conway


Author's Note

S.E. Conway
this is an essay in progress. ... thank you for your co operation!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really well done. Even though its a work in progress you can still feel the authors point of view for there family. We need more like this. This was very well written keep up the good work


Posted 16 Years Ago


Yeay!!! So glad someone else has the sense to recognize the Kickass mom factor!!!!! As the oldest of four kids, I have seen my mom take on the most ridiculous tasks just to make us smile and man is she a demonic douchebag to anyone who even looks at us funny. I love how you used beowulf as a comparison, very nice display of the blood bond of family

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2008
Last Updated on May 1, 2008

Author

S.E. Conway
S.E. Conway

roswell, GA



About
My name is samantha conway. i have recently graduated from highschool, and i am 18 years old. i have been though alot for my number of years. i have an old mind, a kind heart, and a nack for wrighting.. more..

Writing
dirty dirty

A Poem by S.E. Conway


broken broken

A Poem by S.E. Conway