Who do you choose to be?

Who do you choose to be?

A Story by Samhitha Mopati
"

Random thoughts on people, penned down during a routine commute through Hyderabad Metro.

"
I stand on the other side of the pink line in the Metro, observing the fascinating lot of people around me-

Some are grim, while some never-mind and exchange a warm smile.

Some quarrel for a place to sit, while some stand-up for those who cannot.

Some are engrossed in their devices (or shall I say "the vices") -earphones plugged in- self-absorbed;
While some are glancing straight through the glass window, ensconced in the world beyond.

Of those who peer, some see the skies and some see the lowly ground.

Of those who see the ground, some see roads and clear directions;
While some see haywire cross-ways and junctions leading nowhere. 

Of those who see the skies, some see birds while some see clouds.

Of those who see the birds, some see their wings and are inspired to fly;
While some complain that they are wing-less and crippled for life.

Of those who see the clouds -roaring, bellowing and tearing up- some fathom the volume of sadness in their lives.

And then, there are those who have conquered their inhibitions, waiting to unravel their dreams, quite like the magnificent rainbow unleashing a palette in the canvas afar... 

"There are different kinds of people in this world, and you get to choose who to be.  It's all in the perspective. "

...

© 2020 Samhitha Mopati


Author's Note

Samhitha Mopati
The pink line in the Metro is a demarcation to separate men and women, beyond the pink line is a coach reserved for ladies.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree. Many kind of people in our world.
"There are different kinds of people in this world, and you get to choose who to be. It's all in the perspective. "
I like the above line. I agree, we decide who we want to be. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote


Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 23, 2020
Last Updated on May 23, 2020
Tags: Life lessons, Self-Help, Motivation, Choices, Positivity, Hope, Depression

Author

Samhitha Mopati
Samhitha Mopati

Hyderabad, Telangana, India



About
A girl with a generous and dwindling soul, attempting to speak my heart out to the world. I'm enamoured by people and their behavior and often dedicate my poems and articles to them. I'm seventeen ye.. more..

Writing