Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by SMASHED Magazine Staff
"

Ether's Introduction

"
250 years after the Fall of Aries' Rain... the world should have been at peace. But something went wrong and instead of a paradise, we live in a modern hell.

Hello, I am Ether, daughter of the first resistance leader in the beginning of the Age of Souls. My father is gone now, so as leader of the New A'calanche resistance it is my duty to recall the history. This is our story, our struggle and our prayer that one day there will rise for us a savior.  

About 100 years ago the Shinra Company was completely rebuilt. They claimed to find a new energy source and soon after became the world leader. For many years we lived in peace and progressed, but that all ended fifteen years ago. When Shinra began tear up large cities, starting with the northern city of Miaker-Inri. It was the people of Miaker who sparked the rise of the resistance. They fought for many days, but eventually the city fell and over one million souls perished. 

Shinra covered up the massacre, claiming that an industrial accident caused a fatal toxin to be released in the air killing the populace. They tore through the city claming that it was for redevelopment and continued until they had taken over all the countries of the north.

Many were left homeless and traveled in packs to other cities, but soon Shinra would lay waste to most of the countries that many of the population had found as a refuge. 

Soon only three cities states remained. 

Much of the population formed resistances just to survive. Most fight against each other for territory and what is left of our dwindling food supply. While others remember Shinra and join with us in the fight to take them down before they bring an end to the world.

Five years ago New A'calanche discovered that Shinra had been hunting for an ancient power source called MYST crystals. But as we have exhausted our resources and supplies - Shinra grows stronger… while the Planet is dying. In the end we are helpless against Shinra and may not last much longer.

So if you hear this message and are willing to help us make one final stand, meet us in the Third City. 

This is the Gathering.

You are the only hope we have…

We are waiting.


© 2012 SMASHED Magazine Staff


Author's Note

SMASHED Magazine Staff
The Gathering's timeline follows the timeline established in Final Fantasy: Advent Children. Please also bare in mind that this story is being developed and written with plans for a manga version.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012
Tags: Fan Fiction, Final Fantasy, Staff Story, SMASHED Magazine, The Gathering


Author

SMASHED Magazine Staff
SMASHED Magazine Staff

Palm Coast, FL



About
SMASHED! Magazine is a teen literary mag for and by teens. Based in Palm Coast, Florida; we want to get teens in our city as well as nation wide to join together in one voice declaring that we will go.. more..

Writing