Reflection

Reflection

A Poem by Shannon

reflecting on rain
blacktop moonlit holograms
dancing in puddles

© 2016 Shannon


Author's Note

Shannon
All constructive feedback welcome! It's a haiku for those who take note of those things.

For such a tiny piece this one had an interesting genesis. It came out of a process with Lost Soul, with a final word choice made with Inject Positivity. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There might be a million poems that try to describe rain & moonlight, but in this very short one, you've expressed something very original without any clichés . . . quite an accomplishment! I like the way every word is chosen to convey maximum meaning. That's what these short forms are all about (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much barleygirl. I love wrangling words, sometimes!
Emomoemi Johnson Newcourt

7 Years Ago

Mm. It's such a rarity for a poem describing rain - 3 lines - and yet accurately done. That's talent.. read more
Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the read and review. I appreciate you stopping by



Reviews

The days of Summer and the soft warm rain. I liked your words used. Create good place and memory. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I feel like I found a nice balance between me (quirky and sometimes over the top word ch.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Quite lovely.
A novel and insightful haiku.
Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I try to be novel in my poetry, so appreciate the comment.
Love it. I forget sometimes how magical those puddles can be. Like jumping into new worlds.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Exactly! Or spooky. Or beautiful. Thanks Papaya!
Each word has a lot of depth and together this is a pretty marvelous haiku. idk if this is weird but my favorite was holograms. That immediately conjured some beautiful imagery for me. Very nice. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your thoughts. It's sort of my favourite too. I think it.. read more
a lovely haiku...with deeper meaning....even in the worst times we can find a reason to dance.

love it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much j. Glad it spoke a little to you.
Your work is, sans cliche's -- such is the gift of your unique view of the world. Practical, without unnecessary fluff, which is, a beautiful thing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much, K. Poetry is an interesting thing for me to explore.
I do like the first two lines a lot, but the third line is my favorite a sI feel it evokes both great imagery and positive memories and emotions. I'd also like to state that the entire piece exhibits wonderful imagery, but I really like how "dancing in the puddles" brought this piece to a happier place. I enjoyed the word choices selected (even puddles) and how you crafted this whole haiku while maintaining an organic flow and depicted a story and image in just 8 words.

I do feel "blacktop moonlit "holograms" following "reflecting on the rain' is the most clever line of this piece. However, I still feel "dancing in the puddles" brings warmth and innocence (the cherry on top if you will). I wish I could better describe what I am feeling, but I find this to be a beautiful expressed and a well written haiku which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I appreciate the mention and if I could be of any help.
I think both you and Inject Positivity did well with the final product.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

You were instrumental. The process with you started this, as well as the choice between two versio.. read more
Lost, n'MT

7 Years Ago

I appreciate that, thank you.
I did, and I hope you do as well.
Very unique way to describe a very universal thing. Very creative.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I sometimes think being a little quirky in how I think either translates brilliantly to .. read more
What I like about this poem is its absolutely thrilling word choices that captures maximum amount of imagery... The first line grabs the attention of the reader with a view of rain which stunningly connects with the second line with the imagery of moonlit holograms... The last line to me projects a memory of childhood, on a rain filled day where the roads were full of puddles and the rain drops would fall on the puddles and danced in rains harmony...

Your creative mind is getting richer and richer day by day... And I love seeing you revealing your excellent connection with words... Amazing work... Would stay as one of your favorites to me...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman. I am glad you connected deeply with it. And you have clearly been listening to m.. read more
Inject Positivity

7 Years Ago

Always been an admiration to me S, you know that...
i love this.
the second line is gold.
love watching you morph into a stunning poet.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I appreciate the feedback. Thats my favourite line, too. I used the last one, .. read more

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1192 Views
31 Reviews
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on August 23, 2016

Author

Shannon
Shannon

Canada



About
I like to explore the world through the human experience, at once both varied and singular. Reading, writing and meeting people makes one's world larger. I enjoy connecting with people, learning.. more..

Writing
The Lamp The Lamp

A Story by Shannon


Inevitable Inevitable

A Poem by Shannon