Ty's Email

Ty's Email

A Story by Shannon
"

New World Frustration

"

I stare at the screen. Reading, rereading, what Ty has written. My sleep-deprived brain attempts to process that these words, these precise words, were sent across miles of phone lines, fiber optics, and servers that make up the internet.


“James,


I apologize, we are unable to complete the asinine task by your bedtime...”


Shaking my head, I consider how to rectify my email, informing our manager that the assigned task will not be completed by his deadline.


Meanwhile, in some hidden corner of the internet, Ty Poe and his cousin, Otto, high five each other for creating this ducking mess.

© 2016 Shannon


Author's Note

Shannon
This will make way more sense if you have read about Ty's cousin, Otto Korrect, http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/SMi/1787003/.

This is 100 words. Because why not? But perhaps it is too short for clarity?

As always, all constructive feedback welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm completely capable of mucking things up all by myself, so the efforts of some malignant electrons really aren't appreciated. Seems to not be that long ago that we wrote things on paper with pencils and pens. Maybe that practice wasn't so bad. Very good writing on a subject with which we all can relate.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shannon

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sam. I would agree, with the caveat that without those sneaky electrons, we wouldn't be ha.. read more
You're absolutely correct - I have no idea what these 100 words mean - thankfully you rescued me with your Author's notes.
I know only too well what sleep-deprived means — been there, done that. And asinine has a familiar ring to it.
I also am amazed at the Internet. I have friends all over the globe and we chat and chat. I'd die of old age if snail mail was the only method of communication.
I checked out all of your titles — how you do go on and on and on. I'm not into poetry but all of your titles tell me a good deal what I will find in the file. It always amazes me how few writers use the title tool. I've chosen two other stories which I will digest and comment on. Ciao, JT

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shannon

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review.
I was already having a laugh before your note.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shannon

6 Years Ago

Thank you Jon. Always glad to create a chuckle or two.
You were shooting for 100 words and I think you used them pretty darn well. I see this as a very clever write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shannon

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Dave.
you are a great story teller,you should extend it to a short story

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shannon

6 Years Ago

Thank you wordman. This one makes more sense if you read a poem called Otto first...
 wordman

6 Years Ago

i will look for it
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ern
It does sound neat but I certainly think that maybe you should add on or even publish a longer, more clear version.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the read and review.
I loved that! I had to reread it a couple of times but laughed a lot when it suddenly hit me! :D I love the compactness of this. Quality over quantity. I really loved this, S :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you Tina. It's a sequel to a poem called Otto. Makes more sense I think after that one. App.. read more
Dear S.Mi
Ty's email took me a while to figure out..............I had to think about it. Now it makes more sense.............ha,ha,ha I wondered if I could identify; yes. Well loved it and was challenged in my thinking.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you again Kathy. I think perhaps one day I will package Otto and Ty's email together. Becaus.. read more
hahaha that's quite original. I don't exactly like Otto but I much prefer him to Ty. that's a nasty piece of work.

good to read you again S.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thanks, Woody! Those two reek havoc on my writing. It's really good to have you back.
I usually disable Otto, but maybe I would have more laughs if I kept him on. A guy like Ty Poe is harder for me to get rid of. He crashed on my my first snapple ll keyboard and hasn't left since... no matter how much I shake my finger at him and tell him to go away. Anyway, I'm funny cute... you my friend are funny hilarious!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the read and review. Glad you find them entertaining. They think they are funny too!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1270 Views
19 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 10, 2016
Last Updated on September 11, 2016

Author

Shannon
Shannon

Canada



About
I like to explore the world through the human experience, at once both varied and singular. Reading, writing and meeting people makes one's world larger. I enjoy connecting with people, learning.. more..

Writing
The Lamp The Lamp

A Story by Shannon


Inevitable Inevitable

A Poem by Shannon