VIDA

VIDA

A Story by SUGATA M

VIDA
She slowly got up from her seat. The flight was waiting. There were already several announcements on her name. The airline guys wanted her to report at the departure gate right now . It is she who was delaying the taking off of the flight.
The mind to board the flight was lost. Kiara couldn’t do that anymore. Boarding the flight and touching the exotic location for another super-exiting holiday became meaningless to her.
Sanju had been cheating Kiara for years. He had been seeing many women in between, sleeping with them. She grew occasional doubts on that but couldn’t catch him red-handed so long without any good evidences.
The evidences reached her some minutes back through Whatsapp, intimate pictures of Sanju with different women, sent by her childhood friend Dolly with a brief caution note to dump ‘this philandering man and go for a new life’. Dolly runs a private detective agency in Durban.
Is it easy to get rid of a five-year relationship, those thundering time with Sanju, his masculine warmth and passionate touch, the riveting moments of wild lovemaking, not even sparing awkward places like the corrugated rooftop and the smoky, midnight beaches?
All bizarre thoughts were crowding fast in her mind and the first one of them was to kill herself.
All she wanted was to end her life.
Sanju must be waiting for her at their exotic holiday location by now. But he will never come to see her again. He will only receive the news of her death.
Kiara made up her mind.
A straight, deathly jump from the flyover close to the airport! Death will come in few seconds.
It was a mammoth airport. As if she had to walk for ages to reach the end of it. Her dreary legs finally brought her at the exit of the airport. She could see the flyover from there. About half a kilometre stroll from here. Reach there and jump. This is the only thing which is left now. Death is just at a stone-throwing distance. This jinxed life has to be finished, right now.
And there was a sudden obstruction to her shaky passing away through the exist.
A police officer. Female. Tall, well-built and dark. She stopped her from behind. ‘You are Kiara Sen, right? Supposed to fly on ZQ 893?’ Her accent was clean and loud.
Kiara nodded her head like a machine.
‘You missed your flight Ma’am.’ The officer came closer and put her hand on her shoulder. ‘You are lucky to have missed that flight.’
Kiara all of a sudden reverted back to her senses. ‘Why you said that?’
‘Your flight ZQ 893 crashed just after taking off, around 10 kilometers from here. You are the only living passenger of the flight.’
‘Are you kidding with me?’ Kiara felt chocked.
‘No Ma’am. I am not kidding. Your flight had crashed. The ATC confirmed it,’ replied the hefty officer in a rather cool voice.
Kiara dropped herself on the floor.
She could still see the deathly flyover from her place. Death is still waving at her.
But the desire to die was lost amidst a stormy burst of tears.
For a brand new vida (life) which is waiting to welcome her.

© 2021 SUGATA M


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on February 20, 2021
Last Updated on February 20, 2021

Author

SUGATA M
SUGATA M

New Delhi, South Asia, India



About
Moody, creative, romantic man loves intelligent and witty women and friendly men, adores simplicity and abominates double standard more..

Writing
Scent Scent

A Story by SUGATA M


May Day May Day

A Poem by SUGATA M