Chapter II: Praising An Idiot (Keith, from the Aforementioned Scene)

Chapter II: Praising An Idiot (Keith, from the Aforementioned Scene)

A Chapter by SQ64

  
   As I ran away from that idiot, Arcturus, I fumed. Why am I always considered a rich brat? I am not a snob... It's just a temperament issue, that's all. Ah, who am I kidding? The only person I was fooling was myself... Arcturus was always getting the attention. 
  I sulked in the shadows of my friend. He was the sun and I was just a tiny, brown moon. Sure, I was nice enough looking and was told so by complete strangers during grocery shopping and what not. Very creepy, by the way.  I was smart enough to have multiple college applications sent to me by dozens of prestigious schools,  but when Arcturus was around, it was a different story.
  To have a bit more attention.. Is it too much to ask?! I don't want to say this, but Arcturus is nothing compared to me. 
I'm smarter.
I'm richer.
  And he's a poor idiot. The only reason I became friends with him was I pitied him. Then he started to grow on my heart like a weed. His roots tangled with mine, and intertwined. If I was to cut him off he'd only come back again. If I threw him out of my life, I would be hurt as badly as he would be. It wasn't worth it. 
  I slowed down. I was suitably far away enough from Arcturus. I leaned against the dingy wall, hoping that it wasn't rotten enough for me to fall through. Enough of these thoughts. They were only going to drag me down. 
  As I tried to clear my mind and calm my fury, something large and bony hit me. Out of instinct I caught it's arm and pinnedit  behind it's back. It started to scream bloody murder, high pitched and annoying, like the hum of a mosquito. I was blind to what had hit me. All I knew, was that I was in possible danger and I had to defend myself. Disgusting, weak creature. All it knows, judging from its scream, all it knew was the comfort of a pampered life. As I twisted its arm further, I smirked. You don't deserve comfort if you didn't earn it. 
    
"KEEIITHH!!! What the helll are you doinggg to the poor lady???!" Arcturus yelled, running towards me. He stopped immediately in front of me, glaring at me. Idiot. Such an idiot. Always the hero, and I was always the villain. Sighing, I let it go. The girl collapsed onto the floor, whimpering in pain. Pitiful, demeaning creature, it wasn't worth touching the Earth itself. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but she was pathetic anyway. I glowered at him. Why was he saving such a creature?
"Ya still angry at me, Keith?" he said,. nudging my shoulder.     
  Of course. But as I said.....
"My jeans are Gucci- Not Armani." I said, a blank look painting my features.
He looked stumped. As usual.
"Just kidding, Arcturus..." I said, forcing a smile. Imbecile. 
  Why did I put up with him? It was beyond me...
The blonde girl started gibbering her thanks and gratitude,when suddenly a loud smack interrupted the silence...
Arcturus held his cheek, looking stunned, like a deer in the headlights.
Like I had said; praising an idiot will come to no good. 


© 2013 SQ64


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on December 3, 2013
Last Updated on December 3, 2013


Author

SQ64
SQ64

About
Hello. I'm a person who writes for fun. And I absolutely hate the acronym LOL. I hope one day to get a book seriously published. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by SQ64