Imagine

Imagine

A Story by Sabby
"

Did you know that humans have great imagination? Close your eyes, and imagine this....

"

Humans have great imagination. Sometimes, their imaginations come to reality, like zombies, mythical creatures, ghosts… Don’t believe me? Close your eyes, and imagine…

The night is dark and still, there are barely any stars, and no moon is to be seen. No sounds fill the air, except for your footsteps on the gravel. It feels so normal, yet everything feels so wrong. There’s an odd vibe in the air, like everything in the city is dead. You shake off that thought and continue walking, until you hear a faint groaning in the alley near you. You turn your head slightly, stopping in your tracks. Just as you make the decision to not investigate, a bloody arm reaches out to you. You slowly back off, wondering what the hell was wrong with this person…until the light shows you a monster. With a head that was half gone and blood all over it, the zombie is muttering one  word as it grabs you by the neck. “Brains…”, it mutters, biting off your arm that was struggling. You scream in pain, attempting to kick it in the ribs. It doesn’t work, and you remember that zombies are dead people, and they don’t feel pain. You cry as you accept your hopeless fate, closing your eyes as the zombie’s teeth sink into your skin.

Now you awake in a different place, where the sky is cheerful and a lovely sun shines down upon the land. You see a town nearby, and decide that it is best to head there. The moment you step foot into the gates, you feel like magic is in the air. You look around and spot a celebration. And at the center of it is a phoenix, with magnificent red feathers and a crest of feathers on its head like a king. At that very moment, the phoenix bursts into red-hot flames, and everyone cheers. When the flames cease, a baby phoenix arises from the ashes. Next, you continue exploring the town, only to bump into a scaly, large…dragon! You flinch when you see the large being, feeling scared that it might stomp on you…or worse. Just as you are admiring the dragon’s shiny scales, you feel yourself fading away…

…And you appear in your own room. The air is tense, and the light flickers. You are reading some dumb story about humans’ imagination. You look at your screen, only to realize that it has turned black. “Ugh, did it crash?” you mutter in annoyance to yourself. Suddenly, you feel a sudden need to look behind, as though someone was there, begging for you to turn around, begging for your attention…

Did you imagine yourself turning around? Did you turn around in reality? What did you see? Perhaps everything that you have just imagined may come true one day, who knows? But there’s one thing that I want to know, and that is…Have you looked behind you yet?

© 2018 Sabby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i did not look behind as, i was still in day dream crafted by terrific building blocks of imagination inspired by you!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sabby

5 Years Ago

aww thanks XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 1, 2018
Last Updated on September 1, 2018
Tags: horror, mythical creatures, short story, imagination

Author

Sabby
Sabby

Malaysia



About
I started writing in 2014, and got brave enough to post them on websites in 2015~ I was busy with exams and stuff for a few years but now I'm back~ And before writing new stories, I'll be re-reading o.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabby


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sabby


Full Moon Full Moon

A Book by Sabby