Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabby
"

An accident happens when Abby wishes upon a full moon. Abby finds herself trapped in the past. Is she dead? Is she a ghost? Read to find out! :3

"

The sky was a beautiful dark blue and filled with stars, with a magnificent full moon shining down on the Earth. The air was humid, with a slight wind blowing. There was only grass, trees and mountains for miles and miles to come. A black car drove down a long road, with most of its passengers asleep. The driver searched for a sign of a rest stop, yet when none was to be found he sighed and continued on his long journey, forcing himself to stay awake. The only other person that was awake was a young girl, staring out the window. Her eyes were fixated on the full moon, for she had always been told that wishes that had always been said during a full moon would come true. As she enjoyed the view of the mountains at night, she wondered if she should make a wish. “Would it even work?” was the first thought that came to mind, but she pushed it aside and reminded herself that it wouldn’t hurt to try.

“I wish….” She whispered, “…that I could know why my parents abandoned me.” And at that very moment, the driver which had just been trying to stay awake gave in to his sleepiness. Even though it was just for a moment, it was too late to stop it. The steering wheel moved on its own, as though a ghost was forcing it to, and the car crashed into the rails on the side, falling….into a pile of sharp rocks. The girl screamed, begging for the gods to have mercy, praying for everything to be alright, yet her screams fell on deaf ears. The car crashed onto the rocks, and the girl felt herself fading away after a sharp pain in her stomach.

She awoke in a room, one that didn’t look like a hospital. She looked around, confused. She wasn’t even on a bed, she realized. “Am I dead?” she wondered aloud as she looked down at her stomach, where she had felt a sharp rock impale her. There was no sign of blood, and she didn’t even feel pain as she stood up. Oddly, she felt light…as though she weighed nothing. It was then that she heard the door to the room open, and a woman popped her head into the room, shouting, “Marie! Wake up or you’ll be late! Your sisters are about to leave without you!” “Who’s Marie…?” the girl wondered, for her name was Abby, not Marie. She looked around, and saw that the only bed in the room was occupied by a pretty girl - one that looked extremely similar to Abby with her brown hair flowing down her shoulders and bright green eyes. “Almost done, Ma!” shouted Marie, as she hurriedly pulled on a dress and combed her hair.

“Um… Hello?” Abby  called out, hoping to get Marie’s attention. “I’ll deal with ya later, ghost!” Marie said, and ran out of the room with a bag in hand. “Ghost…? What does she mean by that?” Abby thought, “Am I…really dead?”

“Hurry up, slow poke!” Anne, Marie’s older sister, shouted. “Wait for me!” Marie yelled as she made her way down the stairs and to the front door at the speed of light. “If you had been any later we’d be late to school. How many times have I told you to sleep early so that you could wake up early? Do you want to get punished by the teacher again?” Amelia, the eldest sister, scolded as they started their walk to school. “I’m sorry, Amy. It’s just that ANOTHER ghost appeared in my room last night,” Marie said, sighing.

“Another one? Seriously? What’s his story?” Anne asked. “It’s a ‘her’, Anne. And I don’t know yet. She hasn’t even talked to me, she just appeared in my room, sleeping on the floor. She just woke up this morning when I was preparing for school,” Marie said, recalling what happened in earlier in her room. “Do you think she knows she’s dead? I called her a ghost and she looked shocked…” Marie muttered. “If she doesn’t, that’s pretty dangerous, Marie. Be careful with the ghosts you help,” Amelia said, “Also, didn’t we like, deal with ALL the ghosts in the house last summer?” “We DID, but I guess it wasn’t all of them, seeing as to how another one appeared,” Marie sighed, “but it is pretty weird how I’ve never seen this ghost before.”

Just as they finished their conversation, they reached the gates of their school. It was rather new, having just been built the year before, 1984. Its glistening white walls were beckoning for students to enter and learn. “Ah, I guess it’s time we split up…again,” Anne said, “Goodbye, guys,” and walked off to her own class. “Well, bye,” Amelia said, and left as well. Marie’s class was further than her sisters’, and she hated that lonely walk. However, she was glad that she didn’t have to face numerous ghosts on her way to class like in her previous school. She slid open the door to her classroom and smiled brightly, greeting her classmates. As she made her way to her seat, the teacher entered the classroom. Marie sighed, drawing doodles in her book as the teacher droned on about some poem.



© 2018 Sabby


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Sabby
Tell me if there's any problems/ways that I can improve! Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on August 15, 2018
Last Updated on August 15, 2018


Author

Sabby
Sabby

Malaysia



About
I started writing in 2014, and got brave enough to post them on websites in 2015~ I was busy with exams and stuff for a few years but now I'm back~ And before writing new stories, I'll be re-reading o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Story by Sabby


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sabby


Full Moon Full Moon

A Book by Sabby