Charybdis

Charybdis

A Poem by Sparrow

The world softly slides by, blessedly unnoticed. While you close your eyes in a fragile coma, endeavoring to escape the scars that haunt my dreams. May they never haunt yours. I hope your sleep is sweet and your conscience clean. I suffer for the both while you smile for the whole. Your world is sapphire blue and cotton candy clouds. My vision is forever blotted with raging skies and tormenting winds. Smile as long as you find it possible. Stay hidden under the umbrella you found. I will stand in the rain to make sure that it doesn't buckle under the maelstrom that will assail you. Hold it tight for the day will come when I can't hold it for you. Until then I will hold your heart safe, keep your skies blue and your clouds sugary sweet. I love you and I wish I could always protect you. I hope you remember that when the first drops hit your hair, even when you can't remember me.
 

© 2008 Sparrow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think is the most tender and precious thing I've ever read, it is absolutely stunning!

A mother's love is one of the most special things I've ever been blessed to witness. Excellent writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very sweet. I like being able to read another's work and feel, even if only a fraction, what they felt. I really liked this, especially the line, "I suffer for the both while you smile for the whole." That's a great line!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your world is sapphire blue and cotton candy clouds. Beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was fantastic. I actually teared up on this one, because I won't remember what my mom has done for me, either. I'm too introverted to see the present rapidly passing by into the past behind me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You should keep this and hold on to it for the rest of your life, as both your promise to Daniel and your hope for him. With you as his mother, he will achieve great things in life, of that I'm sure.Brian

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ST
I LOVE IT SABRINA!!!
motherhood is like the scariest and the most dramatic experiences in the life of a woman, I love the way you combine the elements with so much elegance and also how you can walk on the dark side of the bitter adult life still caring for the inner sunshine that co-habits with your little one...this for me is the bestest... not kidding. I hope to see more of your stuff here

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 16, 2008

Author

Sparrow
Sparrow

Statesville, NC



About
Hey everyone, It's been a long time since I've checked in but it's good to be back reading everyone's very talented writing. more..

Writing
Incoming!! Incoming!!

A Poem by Sparrow



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dumb People Dumb People

A Story by Rain


this kinda blue this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain