I'm Naked Under My Skin I Swear!

I'm Naked Under My Skin I Swear!

A Poem by Sparrow

I'm strecthing and stretching trying to work you out from under my skin. I can't  take it. I haven't felt like this in forever. I forgot I even could. It's been so long and I've changed so much. What do I do with you? You're under my skin and I feel different. How can I be cold with you under there making me burn from the inside out? How can I keep my mask in place when you make me shake with three little words? Not I love you but simply I want you. I can't take it. Do I push you away to keep my calm or do I pull you closer so I combust and become something new? It's a leap and for the first time I'm having to stop myself from jumping head first. I've done this before, I burned and burned til the ice water was thrown on and I found I was left with marble instead of skin. But now you've wiggled your way in there without my permission. For the first time in years I don't know what to do. I'm shaking so hard I don't know how long this mask will hold or even if I want it to or not.

© 2008 Sparrow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like your images of desire in this. It's like a drug, that permiates everything undernieth the skin, it's in ones blood and viens and sinew. I would suggest emrbrace it! :)
I really liked the image of shaking while having skin that had turned to marble! made me think of an earthquake!
Good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your mind flows right into my heart. This is a wonderful prosical stream. It gets me everytime. Just the implications and all its meaning does things to me still, you have no idea! You're incredible

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

O, what is this mystery thine?
Love. It shall remind
of the pain an the burns
it left in your past.
You can never discern
this feeling. At last,
The fire ignites.
You will burn once more.
If you let it consume you,
You'll be ash on the floor.
O, what is this great mystery divine?
Love, soon you'll be mine.

I don't really know where that came from, but I went with it. Not really my best work, but hey, I'll take anything. ...as for your piece, it was definitely written well, although I do think some kind of form of sectioning would make it a bit easier read. All in all, a good piece, but a bit hard to follow due to format.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm shaking so hard I don't know how long this mask will hold or even if I want it to or not....

... Awwe. Some would give anything to feel this way again, you mustn't let these moments slip away, enjoy them.

This was a pleasure to read.


Posted 16 Years Ago


"Not I love you but simply I want you. I can't take it." simple enough to be comelling.and, the " ice water"? had not we suffered our love and turned to stone to endure?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like your images of desire in this. It's like a drug, that permiates everything undernieth the skin, it's in ones blood and viens and sinew. I would suggest emrbrace it! :)
I really liked the image of shaking while having skin that had turned to marble! made me think of an earthquake!
Good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You have a way of coming across and touching me deeply

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on February 27, 2008

Author

Sparrow
Sparrow

Statesville, NC



About
Hey everyone, It's been a long time since I've checked in but it's good to be back reading everyone's very talented writing. more..

Writing
Incoming!! Incoming!!

A Poem by Sparrow



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Clairvoyant Clairvoyant

A Poem by Emily B