Over You

Over You

A Poem by sabine

When I said I was over you, I didn't think I was lying. I actually thought I was finally free from the flood of emotions that hide beneath the surface of my consciousness, occasionally spilling over and taking over my brain. I thought that I was okay with being just friends. I knew you were bad for me, that this was better for both of us. 
We didn't fit and never would. 

But sitting here after hearing you say those words, I realize that some of those feelings still linger, hiding in my subconscious. "Good for you," I say, trying my hardest to mean it. I'm not petty enough to keep you from what makes you happy and maybe she will in a way I never could.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, that the thought of your lips on hers, your bodies intertwined, doesn't make me sick, that some part of me doesn't wish it was me instead of her. But I push those feelings away, I won't let them control me this time. You and I are through and nothing is going to change that. 

And I'm okay with that. Or at least, I will be. You've obviously moved on and it's time for me to do the same. One of these days I'll wake up and this will all be but a memory, but for now, I just need to look ahead and remember that I am stronger than this petty jealousy. Our friendship is more important to me than this and I will not let it control me. One day soon, I will be free. 

And until then, I'll just keep forcing a smile whenever I see you two together, trying to hide the fact that my heart still breaks a little every time I realize that in your eyes I'm no more than just another ex

© 2016 sabine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can feel emotions of the poet here... I like the thoughts you have put here, not many people can do this when they are in that kind of relationship... But here the poet shows that it is possible to come out of it even though it hurts... Such a great work on this... I think you have maintained a nice balance throughout the poem along with a beautiful message... Very well done frnd...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


sabine

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate your feedback and kind words
Wow this poem speaks volumes to me. This poem really hits home with me. The emotion in this poem is very intense. I could feel every line. This poem is very well written and inspiring to me. Keep up the great work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sabine

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback and I'm glad that you found the poem inspiring.
Curtis.Lenker

8 Years Ago

Its no problem. It really did inspire me. Im going to keep an eye out for more.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2016
Last Updated on September 3, 2016
Tags: Heartbreak, break up, hope, relationships, ex boyfriend

Author

sabine
sabine

NV



About
I write to clear my mind of all the cluttered thoughts that fill it. Writing is my way of dealing with my emotions and the chaos that is my brain and it always brings me peace, which is why a lot of m.. more..

Writing
Silver Lining Silver Lining

A Story by sabine


Victorious Victorious

A Poem by sabine