I'm Fine

I'm Fine

A Poem by sabine
"

Sometimes it all just falls apart

"
There's a weight pressing down on my chest, 
Heavy, like a pile of bricks, 
Threatening to crush me beneath its suffocating mass. 
I don't know how I'll make it past this, 
Every moment I'm only an inch from breaking down. 
Nothing's going right and I can't take anything more, 
But it just keeps piling up, 
One thing on top of another, looming above me, until I'm afraid I'll be buried in the resultant avalanche. 
So much has happened that I don't even know what's wrong anymore. 
I'm physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted;  
I've poured out everything I have and I sit here empty, 
Unable to even cry. 
It takes everything I have to keep it together, to keep moving, to keep my sanity, 
But I know with every passing moment I'm closer and closer to my breaking point. 
They ask me if I'm okay and I lie,  
"Everything's totally and completely fine." 
But I'm a mess and I can't seem to find my way out of this brutal reality. 
I count down the days 'til the weekend, but even that brings little relief. 
I just need a break from everything, but there's no end in sight. 
I can't continue living like this, 
Constantly on the verge of tears, 
Unable to stop moving because if I do, I don't know if I'll be able to start back up again. 
I feel numb and broken all at once. 
How did I get like this? 
What happened to the happy, carefree girl I once was? 
Is it just age and experience or did something go wrong along the way? 
Is this just life or is something wrong with me? 
How will I make it through today? 
Tomorrow? 
Next week? 
I cant decide if I want to scream or cry, but I can't seem to find the strength to do either. 
And I find myself staring at the ceiling for the hundredth time, 
Wondering if I'll make it out alive.

© 2016 sabine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is truly beautiful and so relatable as well. I hope you continue to write with this amount of honesty because it is deep and meaningful, unlike how society has us believing is wrong to answer with anything other than "I'm good" or "I'm fine".

Posted 7 Years Ago


sabine

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback. Writing is my way of dealing with the chaos that someti.. read more
Free verse poem gives us an opportunity to express our thoughts more elaborately and your poem did that quite superbly... This one could be relatable to many readers... There was a true balance of thoughts in the poem which has caught my eye... This was very deep and kind of dark which shows how vulnerable we get when reach that terrible point of our life... Very well thought out and expressed... Full ratings...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


sabine

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad that you liked it!
This reads of more prose than poetry. I read it like a poem and it felt like it needed work. I read it as prose and I liked it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, this is a really good poem! I can relate to a lot and I don't know about anyone else who read this but i got the chills.

Posted 8 Years Ago


sabine

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2016
Last Updated on April 27, 2016
Tags: Depression, sadness, chaos, life, hard times

Author

sabine
sabine

NV



About
I write to clear my mind of all the cluttered thoughts that fill it. Writing is my way of dealing with my emotions and the chaos that is my brain and it always brings me peace, which is why a lot of m.. more..

Writing
Silver Lining Silver Lining

A Story by sabine


Victorious Victorious

A Poem by sabine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..