Written By A "Kid"

Written By A "Kid"

A Poem by Sacha Davison
"

Wrote this after being ripped on for being a "kid". Maturity was far from present in my analyst.

"
So I'm a child?
Does this mean I am lacking any skill?
Should you demean me and degrade me?
Crushing my drive at your own will?
Am I a lesser being?
Are my actions juvenile?
Is that why you disrespect me?
Is it I who's in denial?

See, I think you've got it backwards,
You're the child in this tale.
You thrive off the pain of others,
You show no pity for the frail.
Respect is something earned,
It is not a given right.
I hope the harsh words of this child,
Will help him sleep tonight.

© 2012 Sacha Davison


Author's Note

Sacha Davison
Doesn't make sense, generally horrible. Thank you very much for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

No, I know exactly where you are coming from on this one. Mutual time for each, a game of table tennis ping-pong. It is no point playing a game if one player has perfected the art of spinning and serving at break neck speed and the other has just learned to play. Winning is not going to impress anyone. Losing will depress, however. The better player should allow himself the joy of learning to play with his left hand so a game is a challenge for both. You have a brain, a soul, a heart you have the right to express your thoughts, your feelings and your emotions but you need still to play the game. Match point!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Not horrible. There is an element of truth here. Often times, children either literally or figuratively, are treated as smaller humans all the way around. I agree with the closing statement those who engage in that behavior are childish. I like this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


no it makes sense i like it

Posted 11 Years Ago


I disagree with your own review!! to many people loose sight in that fact that children are to be cherished! children can see the world cleared than some adults, and at times are more powerful...

I think this is a wonderful piece of writing!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is not horrible AT ALL!!!! You are a very powerful writer and your words flow so well. Job well done!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


not horrible at all. you have a strength with rhythm trust me man, i feel the attitude in it nice s**t.

Posted 11 Years Ago


sacha!! you are NOT just a kid! you are an intelligent person who has a lot of skill as a poet and author. i enjoy reading your work very much......and i'm glad you got that out of your system,,,,better than letting it fester and poison.....good write, my friend!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely, its ironic that a "kid," such as yourself, writes and thinks and feels in a much deeper way than many adults. It's a bit abrupt, I think thats the feeling your were aiming to give, like you needed to rant and let someone have it. It's like a face to face conversation. Cool.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really thought this insightful. There is a compelling saga taking place. A youth's struggle to have their feelings and ideas validated. An adult's tendency to be judgmental and dismissive. We are all misunderstood in our minds. It is the human condition, to need validation, and reject what we have trouble relating to. I like this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this. You clearly express your views; age does not signify maturity or skill level. All is in how you act and who you are. I think maybe some word change could be beneficial in the first stanza, but the second flows smoothly. This is a great poem, very relevant to many lives, myself included. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sacha Davison

11 Years Ago

Thank your very much for your praise and suggestions!
It does make sense, and it's extremely well written. I don't think I wrote like that at 16, so bravo. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

748 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2012
Last Updated on December 17, 2012

Author

Sacha Davison
Sacha Davison

NEW BRUNSWICK, Canada



About
A collection of content, largely unedited, that I have created over the years. Most pieces currently posted are from my teenage years. more..

Writing
PROLOGUE PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Sacha Davison



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bats Bats

A Poem by Baby Ricochet