Time Slips...

Time Slips...

A Poem by SadEyedLady

 

Sleep has left me—like all else.

Drifted away on clouds---receded into the horizon-slowly- and I felt it slip away.

I let it slip away as I let him slip away, time passing independent of me.

He's forgotten (or never remembered) but I’m stuck in a world of yesterday.

And all my feelings now are muddled, dark and frantic. With eyes that dart around the room.

And as sleep and he slip away from me, onward creeps my doom—looming in tomorrow.

Its like a windy day—for me the wind is not an uncontrollable force of nature, but an independent being who dares to annoy me at any cost.  A windy day is like someone constantly slapping you in the face. For no apparent reason.

And time taunts me with future responsibility and forces me to let go of love—a thing of which I’m only allowed fleeting glimpses of.

 

So I’ll sit here in the dark awake--- afraid to go to sleep and face the nothingness—or afraid to forget tomorrow, and in the morning face a cold slap of reality.

© 2008 SadEyedLady


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

afraid when you wake up, you realise that it was all just a dream...
a dream that slips your grasp, fading away....

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


This to me is a powerful sadness, coming to grips with the reality of it all, indeed a slap in the face, that at times we wish it to go away, but realize it is too powerful to forget, you have expressed a emotional breakdown of your feelings in this piece and have done that very well. Wonderfully written.
Antony

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2008

Author

SadEyedLady
SadEyedLady

Canada



Writing
Anxious Anxious

A Poem by SadEyedLady



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by bluessadmood